Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions.
Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and the digital music store.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale that can support Amazon’s global platform, and customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in multiple countries, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in a way that enhances their day-to-day lives. We can be found through mediums such as the Amazon Echo, Kindle Fire, iOS, and Android as well as on a mixture of home and auto streaming platforms.
We are seeking an experienced candidate to join our Label Relations team in Mexico to develop local relationships with labels. In this role, you will collaborate with our major label partners to provide the best music experience for our customers. Label Relations handle the existing music relationships, contribute to collaborative efforts internally and externally around content launches, events, and promotions. Label Relations Managers work closely with Marketing, Merchandising, Content vendor management, Operations, and International teams.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, strong background in fostering relationships, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality products that customers love.
- Work with labels and other owners of content to improve and expand Amazon’s content offerings to customers.
- Develop relationships with labels and content owners to create opportunities for new music content promotions.
- Share expertise and best practices with other territories.
- Act as Amazon’s ambassador among labels, the artist community and the larger music industry, educating them through compelling presentations and product demonstrations.
- Identify new approaches for improving selection and category awareness to better manage the performance of the category over the long run.
- Provide local input to defining the customer experience and represent that to senior executives, vendors and third party merchants, as well as the category team.
- Translate label relations metrics into actionable plans as determined by different inputs which drive performance.
- Create sustainable process improvements for Digital Music leadership which drive year-over-year progress.
- 7+ years of experience in the music industry in a function involving sales, account management, business development, deal-making, and/or licensing.
- A proven track record of setting and exceeding goals; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience, and judgment
- Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities with small and large label partners, artists, and artist managers
- Extensive industry network with broad music industry awareness
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem-solving and project management skills
- Strong and successful communication skills which include the ability to write compelling, concise documents.
- Proven English and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Highly polished Spanish communication skills – speaking, writing, and presenting
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proactive attitude; willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Proven experience developing and implementing multi-channel marketing campaigns that support market segment share growth.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.