Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions.
Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Amazon is seeking an experienced candidate to join its Latin music team in the US to develop relationships with the industry. In this role, you will collaborate with our partners (labels, artists, managers, attorneys, agents, producers) to facilitate increased collaboration with Amazon Digital Music and provide the best music experience for our customers.
Label & Artist Relations handle the existing music relationships, contribute to collaborative efforts internally and externally around content launches, events, promotions, and negotiate business terms to drive healthy margins. Label & Artists Relations work closely with Marketing, Merchandising, Content vendor management, Operations, and International teams.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, strong background in fostering relationships, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality products that customers love.
- Work with labels and other owners of content to improve and expand Amazon’s content offerings to customers.
- Develop relationships with labels and content owners to create opportunities for new music content promotions.
- Act as Amazon’s ambassador among labels, the artist community and the larger music industry, educating them through compelling presentations and product demonstrations.
- Facilitating and encouraging participation in our programs and events, and fostering positive discussions between artists, creators, managers, attorneys, agents, producers, labels and distributors
- Generate grassroots support for Amazon’s digital music initiatives including Amazon Originals and Amazon Music across the music industry, educating through compelling presentations and product demonstrations.
- Develop compelling solutions that involve artists engaging in initiatives with Amazon Music, resulting in enhanced growth for artists, and increased engagement for music fans.
- Provide Latin music input to defining the customer experience and represent that to senior executives, vendors and third party merchants.
- Increase the production quality and quantity of Amazon Latin Music’s original audio projects.
- Translate label relations metrics into actionable plans as determined by different inputs which drive performance.
- Create sustainable process improvements for Digital Music leadership which drive year-over-year progress.
- 7+ years of experience in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- Extensive Latin music industry network with broad music industry awareness
- A proven track record of setting and exceeding goals; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience, and judgment
- Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities with small and large label partners, artists, and artist managers
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem-solving and project management skills
- Strong and successful communication skills which include the ability to write compelling, concise documents
·Highly polished Spanish & English communication skills – speaking, writing, and presenting
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast
- Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proactive attitude; willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Proven experience developing and implementing multi-channel marketing campaigns that support market segment share growth
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.