Amazon is changing the way people listen to audio content. Amazon Music now offers a free-to-customer ad-supported listening experience, Prime members have ad-free access to over two million songs on-demand, subscribers of Amazon Music Unlimited can listen to a catalog of over 50 million songs, and Amazon Music HD provides access to millions of songs in high quality sound.
We will continue to innovate, building a world class audio experience for customers around the world, by making strategic data-driven decisions.
We’re looking for a Content Acquisition Manager to join our team in Europe (London, Munich, or Paris), preferably with experience in spoken word content, to identify and on-board new partners, secure additional rights from existing partners, and help form create and execute an acquisition strategy across Europe.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of work experience in a content acquisition, licensing, or business development role with the ability to manage relationships with senior media executives from key content providers across Europe.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Identify, prioritize, on-board and manage relationships with content partners
- Execute mid- to large-sized opportunities independently in support of larger team initiatives
- Work closely with internal teams including Product, Legal and Marketing, to achieve positive negotiation outcomes for Amazon and content providers.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Monitor the competitive landscape to help inform Amazon Music’s strategic priorities and expansion opportunities
- 5+ years experience in a content acquisition, licensing, or business development role
- Ability to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of setting and exceeding aggressive goals
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS Required
- Strong understanding of the audio landscape, with particular focus on spoken word content (e.g., podcasts), and associated business models
- Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in writing detailed, and data-supported documents
- Ability to speak two or more European languages at a business level