Amazon is changing the way people listen to music. Amazon Music now offers a free-to-customer ad-supported listening experience, Prime members have ad-free access to over two million songs on-demand, subscribers of Amazon Music Unlimited can listen to a catalog of over 50 million songs, and Amazon Music HD provides access to millions of songs in high quality sound. We will continue to innovate, building a world class music experience for customers around the world, by making strategic data-driven decisions.
We’re looking for an analytical Sr. Content Acquisition Manager to join our team in New York, NY. The position will play a role in supporting and collaborating with licensing negotiations with music publishers and collection societies worldwide. This role will be responsible for supporting the acquisition of new content and additional rights, and implementing operational execution of agreements. The ideal candidate will have experience negotiating licensing agreements, managing top-to-bottom relationships including administration/payment obligations, proactively performing analytic deep dives across a variety of performance indicators and delivering results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with music publishers and collection societies; execute on small and medium opportunities independently and support larger opportunities as part of a team
- Negotiating license agreements with partners and expand existing agreements as needed
- Collaborating with the legal team to review contractual terms and conditions relating to content licensing agreements
- Partner with internal Finance/Content Analytics teams to help continuously improve the internal tools, processes and models that are used to evaluate our deal terms across service tiers and territories
- Collaborating with operations to ensure contractual reporting and administration obligations are met
- Performing content strategy analysis to ensure our customers have the broadest selection of content available, regardless of territory
- 7+ years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
- Experience using Excel
- Experience using Tableau
- Experience with SQL
- 5+ years of experience negotiating license or business development agreements
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Ability to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of setting and exceeding aggressive goals
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in the music industry (record label, music publisher or DSP) or other related digital content acquisition roles
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving threats and opportunities
- Experience in writing detailed, and data-supported documents
- Strong understanding of digital music services and business models
- 5+ years in growing digital products through innovative content acquisition and/or business development initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of best practices across content acquisition
- Strong familiarity with current trends in music
- Experience working with product and tech teams
- Highly analytical, combining data and anecdote to validate hypotheses.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, while managing competing priorities.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.