Amazon Digital Music is changing the way people listen to music, offering Prime members unlimited ad-free access to more than one million songs, thousands of playlist and hundreds of stations as part of their Prime membership.
We are searching for a Sr. Content Program Manager to lead our EU operations and catalog teams to drive improvement in overall operations, support new product launches, and manager technical integrations with numerous vendors/licensees in the digital music space.
The Sr. Content Program Manager will be a highly motivated, results-oriented music enthusiast who can drive mutually beneficial results. They will work closely with the Product Management, key members of leadership, Content Acquisition, vendor management, software developers, Legal, and Partner Reporting teams on various projects related to licensing new music content for Amazon. A successful candidate should be analytical, detail-oriented and possess the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships. This is not just a fun and challenging job, it is also an opportunity to help shape the future of music.
Key activities include:
- Managing a team responsible for overseeing the digital supply chain for all EU-based vendors
- Identifying and crafting recommendations to address inefficiencies in operational elements of the digital music content platform
- Maintaining the day-to-day relationship with EU-based collection societies and music publishers.
- Leading across a large, geographically distributed organization through escalations and communicating to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree is required
- Proven professional experience in the program management or digital entertainment/music supply chain space
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with business owners to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- Demonstrated success in achieving aggressive short, medium and long-term goals
- Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
- Masters degree or MBA
- Experience and understanding of digital media, collections societies/music publishing, and/or digital music supply chain desired
- A passion for music and music customers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.