Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more.
With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio.
Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.
We’re looking for an analytical Sr. Content Acquisition Lead to join our team in New York, supporting team members across the US and EU. The position will lead and support global licensing negotiations and strategy, including driving/building complex models to forecast business metrics, evaluating the impacts of negotiated royalty structures and proactively performing analytic deep dives across a variety of key performance indicators.
The Sr. Content Acquisition Lead will have 7+ years of work experience in a content acquisition, business analyst, financial, or related analytics-focused role and will be someone with an interest in building direct licensing and negotiation experience.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and maintaining strong relationships with key record labels
- Negotiate license agreements to secure all necessary rights from record labels, and expand existing agreements as needed
- Perform analysis to quantify the impact of royalty models, and other terms that are negotiated terms with record labels globally
- Collaborating with the legal team to review contractual terms and conditions relating to licensing agreements
- Partner with internal Finance/Content Analytics teams to help continuously improve the internal tools, processes and models that are used to evaluate our deal terms across service tiers and territories
- Audit business metrics, perform deep dive analysis on problems to understand root causes and making decisions based on data
- Monitor the competitive landscape to help inform Amazon Music’s strategic priorities and expansion opportunities
- 7+ years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
- Experience using Excel
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Ability to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL, Tableau and Excel
- BA/BS Required
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving threats and opportunities
- Experience in writing detailed, and data-supported documents
- Understanding of digital music services and business models
- MBA or JD degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.