Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process.
Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians.
We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
The Amazon Digital Music team is looking for a motivated, customer-obsessed, analytical marketer to drive acquisition and engagement for Amazon Music in our emerging markets with a focus on Canada.
As a Marketing Manager you will be expected to develop, build, and analyze acquisition and engagement marketing programs across the Amazon ecosystem and devices, including the Amazon Music App and Amazon.ca homepage and website. You will work closely with music programmers, artist relations, product managers, and other marketers to define and implement a best-in-class, multi-language customer experience for Canadian customers.
The successful candidate will be able to execute at a high level and capacity (creating and managing campaigns with merchandising and marketing tools, analyzing customer engagement data, and solving problems) while also contributing at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth). The ideal candidate will have French and English language skills but the role is open to candidates only speaking one and able to work with translation and localization services.
The Marketing Manager should be passionate about the customer and must have proven analytical capability, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be able to automate and scale to drive personalized, contextual, and relevant messages to customers. You will be responsible for ensuring Canadian customers are discovering new and old music every week as part of our Emerging Markets team.
- Own the English and French language experience for Canadian customers in the Amazon Music app and Amazon.ca retail experience
- Build marketing programs based on targeting key customer segments to drive initial acquisition and ongoing engagement with Amazon Music
- Take ownership of existing acquisition and engagement campaigns and making continuous improvements to drive towards current goals
- Increase awareness of Amazon Music by developing innovative marketing tactics
- Partner with product and technology teams to build a roadmap and execute projects that lead to customer communication and engagement opportunities
- Develop programs to drive increased engagement from active customers and win back lapsed customers
- Develop best practices in execution and reporting that will scale for continued international expansion and serve as a model for existing international markets
- Write and present high quality documents to leadership
- Lead cross-functional marketing initiatives and partnerships across Amazon’s business and support teams
Business Skills Needed:
- Stellar problem solving and issue resolution skills with the ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven work environment, where multitasking while maintaining quality and attention to detail are the norm
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use customer research and metrics to back up intuition and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
- High bias for taking end-to-end ownership of responsibilities, flexibility and exceptional communication skills
- Think big (and be constantly re-thinking) about how to better serve our customers
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs from concept to completion
- 4+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong quantitative and analytical aptitude
- Strong data management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in online marketing, marketing communications, product management, and/or consumer products and services.
- French language skills are a very strong bonus
- Familiarity with Canadian music market and trends
- Demonstrated creativity and judgment to develop solutions
- Knowledge of SQL, including the ability to write or edit queries in order to mine the data needed to measure results and inform decisions
- Intuition for customer communication voice; adept at marketing copywriting
- Basic knowledge and experience with web authoring tools and willingness to learn both HTML and XML code if necessary in order to enhance or improve site and email content
- Experience working in the music industry including a knowledge of current trends and history in music, the music industry, and digital music