Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions.
Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are searching for an exceptional talent to join Amazon Music’s Label Relations team to help guide our ongoing strategy and day-to-day operations through the provision of actionable insights, derived through deep data analysis across a diverse range of business-critical areas.
The Label Relations team is primarily responsible for innovating on the content in the service and managing strong relationships with our external Music partners.
Specifically, we own the relationships with our record label partners and seek to drive collaborative initiatives that i) provide the best music experience for our customers and ii) grow our respective businesses. The Label Relations team also works closely with a wide range of internal departments; including Marketing, Merchandising, Content Acquisition, Operations, and works extensively with our global network of Amazon Music offices around the world.
This position will drive informed decision making through rigorous analysis of service wide consumption trends, user flow data, audience development tools, voice related insights, new release (and catalogue) campaign performance, content insights etc. The business is evolving very quickly, and we need a self-starter who can address not just obvious, or prescribed data studies, but also take ownership and ‘look under the hood’ at the vast amount of consumption related data being generated daily, to determine action plans in order to further maximize our potential.
In short, the overarching objective of this role will be to lead insights and analysis within the Label Relations team, providing actionable and strategic guidance to the organization. This is a unique opportunity to play a vital role on a fast-growing team and to own high visibility/impactful projects. The role will report to the Head of Label Relations (US & CA), and will also work extremely closely with Amazon Music’s Business Intelligence team.
The role requires a commitment to goals, proactive examination, and a relentless focus on the customer. The right candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks. The ideal candidate will have proven experience delivering results both within and outside his/her organization.
Additionally, the successful applicant will possess a track record of delivering scalable data solutions and impactful insights that drive growth and change. We are seeking an entrepreneurial, metrics-driven individual with strong ownership and focus, and someone who can prioritize effectively in a rapidly-moving environment, and communicate clearly and persuasively, distilling complex data points into actionable insights for the global team.
If this sounds like you – we are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Consumer obsessed, with deep curiosity to understand types of customers, qualitatively and analytically
- Communicate with superior verbal and written skills across all levels of the organization. Humility to listen and continually learn.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where continuous innovation is desired as is bringing customer-oriented experiences to market.
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
- Persuade stakeholders effectively, and execute methodically.
- Ability to proactively generate and quickly execute actionable recommendations based on the synthesis and analyses of data.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to drive projects to completion
- Exceptional quantitative analysis, problem solving and project management skills
- Capacity to own and execute insight projects from start to finish – with a proven ability to ask the right questions, manage complex data sets to find the answers, probe/iterate and derive strategic guidance and recommendations to the business based off this process. Self-starter with exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- 7+ years of experience in related positions (within digital entertainment) with evidence of increasing responsibility
- 5+ years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, Weka, SAS, Matlab)
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (Millions to Billions of rows) of data
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business concepts – and influence senior stakeholders with data driven arguments – in verbal and written form
- Think big, yet nimbly, in a highly results-driven, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Proactive attitude; willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Note: This role can also be in either LA or Seattle
- MBA or alternatively a Master’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Economics or a related quantitative field
- Analytically-driven consulting, investment bank, or other advanced/relevant background
- Experience in subscription-based business models
- Experience with both desktop and mobile platforms
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.