Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives. Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Amazon Music is seeking a Head of Music for Mexico. This role will be responsible for all aspects of the Amazon Music business in Mexico, and will directly lead teams focusing on Label/Artist relations and Content Programming for the Mexico service. The Head of Music for Mexico will work closely with the Head of Marketing, LATAM to develop and deliver growth and marketing plans for Mexico with the aim of building Amazon Music’s total customer base. They are also directly responsible for delivering a culturally relevant, localized experience for music fans in Mexico. We are seeking an experienced leader of leaders that has a proven track record mobilizing cross-functional teams, planning, and delivering results, plus a drive for testing, learning and making insight- and data-driven decisions. You will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things with minimal direction. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas and establish best practices for Amazon Music.
- Budget: Directly manage the Label Relations, Content and Editorial budgets. Shared ownership of the Marketing budgets with the Head of Marketing, LATAM. Demonstrated ability to maximize spend to achieve business goals.
- Accountable for Amazon Music total customer growth in Mexico, including shared ownership of Customer Acquisition and Engagement goals.
- Build and maintain senior level relationships across the Music Industry in Mexico.
- Build and maintain senior level relationships with all other parts of Amazon. This role will work closely with the Prime, Video, Audible, Alexa, Devices & Physical Media teams in Mexico.
- Act as a PR spokesperson in Mexico.
- Team: Hire and develop a high performing, diverse team.
- Deep knowledge of Mexico music scene.
- 10+ years of relevant working experience in the music industry (working with music services, labels and/or artists)
- Significant relevant work experience, ideally music or other subscription services
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or relevant field of study.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining senior level contacts among music industry.
- Broad commercial awareness developed in a fast-moving environment
- Strong leadership and people development experience
- Ability to absorb and use data to drive fast accurate decisions for the customer
- Excellent communication and proven analytical skills
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Fluency in Spanish and English. Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Experience of operating and collaborating in a fast-paced, cross-functional matrixed global organization
- Experience working in a global environment
- Ability to make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ability to deal with ambiguity with strong bias for action
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and develops innovation of her/his team
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.