We are looking for an experienced Head of Marketing, Amazon Music for our JP digital music business.
As the Head of Marketing, Amazon Music, you will have responsibility supporting the digital music category in areas such as mass & direct marketing, traffic generation, web & device merchandising, creative/visual design, acquisition, retention, partner marketing, and brand strategy.
This senior leadership position will manage a high performing team whose primary goal is to promote category awareness, drive acquisition and customer retention.
This is an opportunity to directly influence and grow a business that is having a material impact on the digital consumer space. It requires a leader who will think and act big, exercising a bias for action coupled with thoughtful experimentation.
The ideal candidate has strong product vision with unparalleled customer instincts and an ability to influence diverse teams.
S/he will balance creativity with analytics and agility with operational discipline.
Candidates should be both idea generators and builders, with a strong sense of accountability, and a keen focus on delivering great customer experiences and strong, measurable results.
S/he should thrive in a culture of decisions based on analytics, be comfortable diving deep into the data, yet able to step-back and communicate both the strategic and immediate implications on priorities.
Day-to-day the Head of Marketing, Amazon Music JP will:
- Be responsible for driving traffic to the digital music websites and device apps through a mix of untargeted and targeted marketing channels
- Deliver new customer acquisition strategies along with churn management plans
- Manage the look and feel of the different digital music storefronts, including daily operation and strategic planning
- Closely monitor customer feedback/needs through surveys and research
- Liaise closely with the product development teams to drive innovation aimed at improving customer experience, and strengthening label relationships
- Provide input to defining the customer experience and customer satisfaction and represent that to senior executives as well as the digital music team
- Overcome and solve complex obstacles that impact the digital music marketing & merchandising and product discovery, effectively escalate issues across all levels in the company
- Drive sustainable process improvements across the functions which create year-over-year efficiency in the category
- Identify new approaches for improving marketing & merchandising and category awareness to better manage the customer experience and the team over the long run
- Focus on talent management of the Marketing team which includes effectively hiring and developing the best talent, and creating an environment which motivates people to thrive in their expertise and deliver aggressive results
- Develop and execute customer acquisition and churn management strategies for a subscription music service.
- Develop a clear customer segmentation and brand messaging strategy for Amazon Music.
- Drive customer engagement through targeted marketing and merchandising to convert existing Prime subscribers into active Prime Music customers, with increased listening frequency.
- Create measurable, scalable and innovative marketing campaigns – both offline and online – to meet goals around new customer acquisition.
- Develop an organizational structure that aligns the talent to the strategic objectives for the group. This leader will be responsible for continuing to build an extremely high caliber team.
- Establish strong industry relationships with key executives at the record labels, distribution companies and artist management.
Reporting directly into Director, Amazon Music, and this role will be located in Tokyo, Japan.
University degree minimum; MBA or further engineering, marketing or analytical education will be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, he or she has a history of identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs.
This leader will be a big thinker who is perpetually focused on the strategy for the coming years yet is also tactical.
He or she thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
The right person will be known for his/her ability to communicate vision and drive execution and work across the team.
He or she will have a strong reputation for attracting and developing the best talent.
He or she will be someone who stays connected to the details of his or her business.
Finally, this leader will be known for maintaining composure and steady vision in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
Experience in the subscription Media Industry preferred.
Specifically, he or she will have:
- Proven Product or Marketing leadership within a B2C ecommerce environment
- Defined or marketed an online subscription program
- Highly analytical; with experience of taking data driven decisions and draw insights from data and testing to inform priorities and strategy
- Demonstrable success of building and launching online products.
- Clear evidence of managing and motivating a large team(s), both direct and indirect reports
- Technology affinity and track record of employing systems to drive simplification and change
- Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills – able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and optimize complex, large-scale business processes
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Is a superb negotiator, at ease sitting down with top level executives with vendors and manufacturers
- Is highly analytical and structured
- Exhibits excellent business judgment
- Hires great people, develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of their team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Is action and results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.