Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions.
Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are seeking a talented Global Lead to own Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Amazon Music, advancing SEO management, growth, testing and optimization globally.
In this role, you will identify large-scale opportunities for search engine optimization and translate those opportunities into business requirements, projects and site features. You will run SEO product, content and operations, working closely with dedicated SEO engineering teams.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for ensuring that SEO serves as a huge catalyst for our aggressive growth plans. You will be capable of both developing SEO strategies and rolling up your sleeves to implement them.
You have an excellent understanding of current best practices, as well as where the industry is headed. You are also a persuasive communicator, evangelizing the value of SEO amongst internal stakeholders.
A successful candidate will have strong quantitative skills and enjoy diving deep and discovering the interplay of the many various signals in search engine traffic. The candidate excels at analyzing data, leading initiatives to improve performance, and working across marketing, product and technical teams.
- Create a robust search engine optimization strategy for Amazon Music, including a roadmap of initiatives to drive testing and growth.
- Work closely with technology teams to make sure the company’s infrastructure, architecture, and site features support and enhance the effectiveness of our SEO.
- Audit and analyze Amazon Music SEO performance, identify issues, find root-causes, and experiment with solutions to improve performance at scale. Communicate SEO performance and initiative status to stakeholders in weekly business reviews.
- Redefine and evolve key SEO performance metrics, identifying changes and problems as they arise.
- Lead efforts to solve complex SEO problems, moving quickly to implement ideas and deliver results. Dive into issues and incidents as they occur, perform ad hoc analyses as needed, and/or help escalate them to drive to resolution.
- Own channel execution globally, contributing to company-wide knowledge sharing and engaging with stakeholders to determine optimal SEO improvements globally.
- Develop relationships with external third-parties to license technology where it makes sense to buy rather than build.
- Stay on top of key trends and best practices in search engine algorithms, competitive landscape and the industry to develop winning strategies.
NOTE: This role can also be located in Seattle, WA.
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience in digital marketing, product management or related field, 5+ years of experience in SEO at large scale ecommerce or other consumer-facing sites.
- Proficiency with analytics tools and web traffic reporting including SQL, and ability to do deep data analysis and drive recommendations to senior leadership.
- Hands on experience with Google, Bing and 3rd party search tools.
- Proven track record in managing SEO projects from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated skills in managing complex processes across stakeholders.
- Passion for metrics and quantitative analysis, and ability to turn analysis into actionable programs.
- Strong drive for execution and delivering results.
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to own/create new programs and processes
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others