Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions.
Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Amazon.com is looking for a driven, strategic, customer-centric business leader with a passion for the Music industry, with experience owning a high growth business operation. The ideal candidate will be our Global Head of Latin Music. The role will develop and implement a business strategy focused on growth for Amazon Music in the Latin Music business. The candidate will be responsible for developing and managing key industry relationships, identifying key Latin Music marketing initiatives and work cross functionally with key internal teams.
The Global Head of Latin Music will be an owner, solution-focused and analytical. He/she will bring a proven track record of building and developing people/organizations, making data-driven decision, identifying and adding process improvements, fostering strong industry partnerships and advocating on behalf of customers. The candidate will have proven experience delivering results both within and outside his/her organization.
- Develop and lead strategy for the Latin Music business.
- Represent Amazon when meeting with senior industry executives.
- Develop and lead weekly, monthly, and annual business reviews.
- Cross functional collaboration on necessary systems and processes to support business needs.
- Develop interesting marketing campaign on behalf of artists and labels.
- Passionately advocate for the customer within Amazon Music.
- Integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects & partner relationships – work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities with small and large partners.
- Experience communicating complex business concepts in verbal and written form.
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem solving and project management skills.
- 15+ years overall business experience with 5 to 7 years of relevant senior level experience.
- Understanding of the streaming music landscape.
- MBA with relevant business experience.
- Relevant senior level experience in streaming music.
- Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects.
- Influencing abilities within the music industry.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Highly polished communication skills – speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
- Strong track record of recruiting, hiring and developing talent.
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.