AMAZON MUSIC is seeking an experienced, collaborative and enthusiastic person for the position of Content Operations Manager in our London office. Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless listening experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming creators and programs, while also having access to their favorite established artists, songs, and stories. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in audio streaming, and customer engagement. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
This position is a cross-functional role that requires both a process-driven, operational mindset, keen attention to detail, as well as technological skill and aptitude. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a combination of experience and attitude that will help them thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment built around a strong, innovative culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Publish final audio files and related content & metadata to content hosting platforms and our own internal ingestion system
- Manage content publishing & curation across multiple partners
- Coordinate with the Content and Partnership teams to ensure on-time publishing of all content to all required platforms
- Work closely with Product Management team to ensure content publishing strategy aligns with product objectives, publish content to enable testing of new products and product features, and provide feedback and input that drives improvements to the overall content workflow
- Assist third-party content partners and providers with troubleshooting or publishing questions
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Merchandising teams to ensure content publishing aligns with cross-team objectives
- Ensure clear communication to all stakeholders when there are delays or QA issues with execution
- Organize key taxonomy and tagging; conduct quality control before, during, and after publishing
- Work closely with Content teams to ensure premium content strategies are achieved
- Bachelor’s degree in media, audio, communications, or related field preferred
- 5+ years experience in digital media publishing operations (music, podcasts, digital ads, audio and/or video), with a strong understanding of industry best practices for content publishing
- Experience with optimizing metadata for SEO
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience with Content Management Systems
- Proven experience in streaming music, podcasting, original audio, or content publishing
- 3+ years experience in Music/digital media
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.