Title: Junior Media Designer
Hours: 20/week, Monday – Friday (On-Site)
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Reports to: Senior Art Director
All Flowers Group (Ghostly International, drink sum wtr) is a label group and a reassertion of the record label concept. A constellation of music brands sharing the “same soil, water, and sun” approach that has fostered the success of sister company Secretly Group (Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Secretly Canadian).
All Flowers is driven by decades of shared industry experience, but lacking cynicism, and a desire to give flowers to the best creatives in the game today. Labels include:
- drink sum wtr focusing on championing distinctive, art-forward voices in Hip-Hop, R&B, and adjacent sounds, focusing on artist development, and swimming against the current in an algorithm-saturated music landscape. drink sum wtr is the vision of Nigil Mack, who has carved out a lane for finding and nurturing art-forward commercial acts (Kid Cudi, DRAM, etc).
- Ghostly International is a music and art company supporting work of high quality, integrity, and individuality. Formed in 1999, Ghostly sprang onto the scene inside a cultural void left by the collapse of the traditional music business. Ghostly has since acted as a bellwether for where the marriage of art, music, and product would meet. Since its days operating out of Sam Valenti IV’s apartment, Ghostly has focused on “transcending its record label roots to sell an ethos,” as says The New York Times.
The Junior Media Designer will assist the All Flowers Group Creative Department in the generation of visual content and art/design assets.
This is an entry-level position with the opportunity for training and professional development but could alternatively be an opportunity for more experienced designers to gain further experience working in a music environment. This part-time role reports to the Sr. Art Director and would be based in our Brooklyn, NY office, requiring on-site presence 2x per week.
- Undertaking tasks as set out by the Art Director and Creative Director
- Design assets for marketing and promotion of each release, including posters, displays, print and digital ads, social media assets, lyric videos, visualizers, and other audio/video assets
- Able to create label-wide marketing content both static and video/animation for social media
- Conceptualize and design album artwork with a strong focus on type/layout
- Support the Art Directors on large creative projects
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates
- Have 2+ years experience in a design role ideally within a music or creative environment with a degree in graphic design or equivalent experience (please provide a portfolio of video and image production)
- Experience with Animation/3D and audio editing a plus
- Have an understanding of print production and print processes and experience delivering finished files to printers
- Be a creative thinker with a passion for music and the visual world that surrounds it
- Have an in-depth understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Have an ability to problem solve, manage multiple concurrent deadlines, manage workload effectively, and communicate well within a large organization
- A strong understanding of the digital and social media landscape: Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Spotify, Apple Music, etc.
- Have experience working with clients or external creatives
- Have a passion for music and the AFG and SG roster of artist partners
New York Salary: $26.56/Hour
Application Link: https://forms.gle/xbCJkyUfFnbU2bP59
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.