Research Engineer in Music Tech / AI Startup AIMS
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Research Engineer”
Application deadline: 5.00 PM (CET/GMT+2) Monday 7th December 2020.
AI/Music Tech startup AIMS is looking for a Research Engineer with a passion for creating innovative solutions that will be meaningfully shaping the product of the fast-growing AI/Music Tech service.
Who are we:
We have built AIMS API – an AI music similarity search that our clients use to find the perfect music faster. We are a remote-first international team with an office in Prague, where we originally started AIMS as a spin-off of a recognised production music company. We are self-funded, and we have a growing list of clients using our technology.
Some of the most innovative, leading music companies in the world such as Universal Production Music or EMI Production Music and media companies such as the Spanish public broadcaster RTVE use AIMS to find the right tracks for audio-visual productions quickly and easily.
About the Research Engineer role:
The ideal candidate is comfortable with implementing challenging machine learning and deep learning algorithms, reading research papers, creating data pipelines, and deploying models into production.
How you fit in:
- You have a Master’s degree in machine learning related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- You have excellent technical skills in Music Information Retrieval, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing or similar.
- You have deep knowledge of PyTorch or Tensorflow.
- You have excellent coding skills in Python.
- You are familiar with development in Linux, using version control (Git), containers (Docker), and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- You can work independently and take ownership of the end-to-end implementation of ML-related features.
- You have experience with the entire ML life cycle and running models in production.
- You can run and optimize experiments in parallel environments (distributed clusters and GPU).
- You are comfortable implementing a neural network architecture and experiment based on a research paper.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Nice to haves:
- You have experience in developing and maintaining a machine learning framework.
- You have experience with running a Kubernetes cluster.
- You have good programming skills in C/C++.
- You have experience with porting algorithms to GPU.
- You have knowledge of audio signal processing.
- You have experience working in a larger ML team.
- You are familiar with music theory and/or audio-visual production.
- Czech language is a plus but not necessary (our core team is based in Prague).
What we offer:
- Completely remote work possible, we also have an office in Prague, Czech Republic
- A small team of friendly and competent colleagues
- Opportunity to help expand new and exciting products at the intersection of AI/tech/music with clear use cases and a global client list
- Opportunity to learn more about Music Tech and apply your skills for a product used globally
Are you interested in shaping the future of music search? Our Head of Research Viktor is looking forward to hearing from you (and answering all your questions). You can send us your LinkedIn, GitHub, Kaggle or similar profiles as well.