POSITION TITLE: Temporary Junior Graphic Designer (6 Month Contract)
OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The AEG Presents Festival team in London are searching for a Junior Graphic Designer for six months. This role would assist the in-house Graphic Designer in design for the BST Hyde Park, All Points East and other events. Key responsibilities include:
- Under the leadership of the graphic designer and in collaboration with the marketing team, Plan, develop and create design digital assets that proudly showcase our festivals, engage our target audiences and stand out against a saturated festival market
- Assist in the execution of all assets with excellent eye for detail with strong typography, imagery, colour and layout.
- Deliver all design content in line with the festival brand identity, values and tone.
- Have a design awareness of festival brands and trends within the music industry plus other brands, lifestyle and fashion
Under the leadership of the graphic designer support the marketing team by:
- Working across all assets for festivals. Including event artwork, web assets, email assets, social media layouts including animated GIF’s / videos
- Keeping up to date and aware of web, email and social weekly calendars – making last minute changes to designs and ensuring correct assets are delivered on time across channels.
- Support the Social Media Manager by supplying fantastic image and video assets for festival social content
- Work alongside the social media team, photo and video teams and marketing teams to create visual content on site at our events
- Prepare an art and branding pack for relevant teams to use on site at our events
- Work with our Global Partnerships team to amplify partner activations on a design level
- Investigate and experiment with new design methods where relevant
- 1-2 years previous design experience. Experience within festival & music industry an advantage.
- Strong creative portfolio, demonstrating designs across a range of platforms and explanations behind the projects.
- A fantastic understanding of branding, advertising, typography, design and layout with a vast experience and passion for all kinds of design and creativity
- A diverse art production skill set, with experience across graphic design for digital and print, motion graphics, video, illustration, research & ideation.
- Confidence and knowledge and ability of the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator plus video editing tools (Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, iMovie)
- A self-starter with an ability to quickly and effectively understand the role and requirements.
- Good time management and organisation with the ability to work across multiple projects and deliver to deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
SALARY & OFFICE ARRANGEMENTS:
- Freelance contract where Junior Designer invoices monthly.
- £22,000 – £24,000 depending on experience
- Remote work possible but candidate is expected to work from our London Blackfriars office up to three days a week with remote work being 2 days.
- Applicant must be available to work on site at BST Hyde Park and All Points East
Interviews to take place in Feb view to start March 1st 2022.