About the company:
AdRev (part of the AVL/CD Baby portfolio recently acquired by Downtown Music Holdings) generates over 2 billion views per month on YouTube and administers the monetization and utilization of 7M copyrights across more than 175 million YouTube videos. This is your chance to step into a fun position amongst the fastest growing content segment — YouTube. We’ve grown a lot, but still pride ourselves on having that hard-working but fun startup atmosphere.
AdRev is looking to add technologically savvy team members to assist in the continued growth and expansion of our manual claim business for our music publishing, label and production music clients. Our office atmosphere is very casual, but we continually collaborate diligently to create the most revenue possible for our clients. We enjoy what we do, and we’d like to add an employee who wants to have a great time working hard while gaining valuable experience.
The right candidate is internet/tech focused, is interested in and has a vast knowledge of pop culture and has incredible attention for detail to coincide with their strong work ethic. Must have basic knowledge of the YouTube world, moderate MS Excel experience and a love and appreciation for pop music. You should be able to audibly recognize a large majority of songs from Billboard’s top 100.
- Using proprietary software and the YouTube CMS search system, you will be searching the depths of YouTube for usage of our clients’ music or AV copyrights
- You will work with our team members to learn our vast catalog and dig deep to find video usages of songs that haven’t ever been worked on
- Manage large scale data management and reconciliation projects
- Various administrative tasks including helping to manage/ingest content within the YouTube ecosystem
- Unlimited paid vacation policy (subject to supervisor approval) and standard paid company holidays
- Company matched 401k and generous benefits package options (Medical, Dental, Vision and Term Life/AD&D, optional supplemental life coverage)
- Every employee receives a new laptop, new adjustable sit/stand desk and premium headphones
- Working with an amazing team at new office in Sherman Oaks, be part of the team at one of the fastest growing media and technology companies in America
- Competitive compensation with paid overtime, quarterly profit sharing bonuses
- Fun work environment including quarterly company outings
- 40+ Hours/Week (very small amount of paid overtime as needed)
- If you are not somewhat intermediate with Excel, please do not apply.
- No stranger to pop culture – due to the nature of our business, knowledge of pop culture is a must.
- Some knowledge of Music/TV/Film businesses & music publishing a plus — let us know of any experience working at record labels, music libraries, publishing companies, production music catalogs, aggregators or companies involving YouTube growth/ingestion/copyright/claiming etc.
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Time management and small-medium sized business experience in office
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Resourcefulness and ability to take a project and run with it
- Love of music
Please apply for this position here, as all other responses will not be reviewed
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled
$17.00 to $20.00 /hour