At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter.
We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Senior Manager or Director, Media Relations
A little bit about our team:
ADA is the independent distribution and label services arm of Warner Music Group, breaking brand new artists and supporting industry legends. We bring the full passion and power of our people to every engagement, magnifying artists’ impact and helping them build the career of their dreams.
ADA’s Digital Marketing team is the heartbeat of its label services offering, partnering directly with artists, managers, and labels — as well as cross-functional ADA and Warner teams — to bring artist campaigns life and grow audience across social, streaming, CRM, and beyond. We are both creative cultural experts and meticulous digital operators, driven by a passion to optimize, innovate, educate, and empower in harmony with our indie partners.
ADA’s Senior Manager or Director, Media Relations, will lead publicity efforts in the United States for a roster of artists and the company brand across digital, print, podcasts, TV outlets and more. You will partner with artists, labels, and internal teams to define artist branding and messaging, marketing and media targets for release campaigns. You will leverage a personal network of media contacts and partner with independent publicity agencies to secure artist coverage and opportunities.
You will also collaborate on brand marketing and corporate communications for ADA including social media strategy, executive and employee press, industry events, and more. To be successful in this role, you will have creative problem-solving skills and a deep understanding of consumer marketing and cultural trends. This role can be based in NY or LA.
Here you’ll get to:
- Develop and execute tailored media campaigns for ADA Label Services artist releases across all genres and provide best practices to our roster of artists and labels
- Devise and execute approach to artist communications strategy and publicity services
- Work closely with artists, managers, and labels to define artist positioning and brand pillars
- Expand and maintain a network of industry contacts, including journalists, editors of music publications, digital and social outlets, talent agencies, media organizations as well as tastemakers, bloggers
- Collaborate with ADA digital team and label/product managers to brainstorm marketing campaigns and identify media targets
- Liase with WMG’s owned and operated media outlets (eg UPROXX, IMGN) to secure artist support and content shoots
- Drive development, organization, and circulation of key artist publicity assets (eg. photos, bio’s press releases)
- Engage, onboard, and manage third-party indie publicity agencies
- Steer ADA’s industry presence and brand identity via social media, employee press, events and award shows
- Work in conjunction with WMG Corporate Communication on executive and corporate press for ADA
- Manage press events and appearances including photo shoots, release parties, TV appearances, showcases, award shows, red carpets, industry events, etc.
- Have strong relationships with key media contacts and a knowledge and expertise in dealing with the media in all formats
- Have an existing network of third-party publicity and media agencies
- Action oriented, hard-working and energetic
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills externally and internally
- Stay up to date on digital media and consumer behavior trends
- Have strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively between label staff, artist management, and artists in varying and complex situations. Maintain composure under stressful situations
- Team player and are able to lead media outreach on all designated projects large and small
- Have strategic agility in terms of foreseeing trends and problems before they occur
- Are familiar and able to work across different genres of music
- Ability to manage campaign budgets and keep spend within budget range
We’d love it if you also had
- 5+ years of experience within the music industry and within publicity or digital marketing
- Experience and interest in artist development and storytelling
- Experience managing budgets and third-party vendors
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike.
And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Salary Range: $85,000 – $105,000 Annually
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.