The Activist Artists Management Nashville office (Music Department) is interviewing to fill a salaried, full-time assistant / coordinator position to begin immediately.
Please see company overview below and send resume, references, and a cover letter or email explaining why you would be an asset to our team to [email protected].
Activist Artists Management is a full-service talent management, integrated media, and advisory firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, and Atlanta.
The company oversees a roster of top recording artists, actors, writers, directors, industry icons, brands, and high-net-worth family offices. Activist provides comprehensive management services for its clients, including music management, talent and brand management, and film and TV development.
The company at all times focuses on innovation, as well as artists and brands that resonate globally. True to the Activist name, the company protects and builds all aspects of an artist’s career, while leveraging their authentic voice and related platform in an effort to effect positive change. In addition, the AAM company culture allows for an upward trajectory for employees, as each manager at the company started out as an assistant. You get out of it what you put in!
- AAM is currently seeking a highly motivated individual who is VERY detail-oriented, extremely organized, and who has strong communication and writing skills, to fill the position of assistant / coordinator to a veteran day-to-day manager with two clients (both clients are both film and music clients) in our Nashville Music Department.
- Duties include both typical administrative tasks such as coordinating travel (both international and domestic), handling phones, and maintaining expenses, as well as assisting on miscellaneous client tasks.
- Applicants must have a passion for music and must be willing to demonstrate extreme attention to detail, the ability to juggle various tasks under high pressure and with changing deadlines, and meticulous organization skills.
- AAM assistants are expected to be willing to go the extra mile, work long hours, have thick skin, think quickly in a fast-paced environment, and be adept at interacting directly with clients, co-workers, and business partners, as this position will require you to do so. Prior industry experience is required, with multiple years experience a bonus.
- This is a full-time, salaried position with health insurance benefits and is based out of our Nashville office.
- We are interviewing to fill immediately.
Detailed Job Description:
- NOTE: This position is for the assistant / coordinator to a manager who has been with the company for 10 years.
- This manager works long hours, expects meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to always anticipate needs.
- You must be a great problem-solver with the ability to troubleshoot on your own, and must also be comfortable constantly interfacing with co-workers, clients, and all business partners.
Applicants are expected to be adept at:
- Scheduling approximately 20 weekly calls across multiple time zones / continents with constantly changing schedules
- Managing both the manager’s and clients’ internal calendars
- Listening in / taking detailed call notes on manager’s calls
- Coordinating both international and domestic travel for both manager and clients
- Preparing monthly expense reports for manager
- Preparing a day sheet and call list prior to manager’s arrival each morning
- Building a daily to-do list pertaining to each client based on reading through emails and prioritizing tasks
- Keeping a running reminders list pertaining to each client and keeping up with each task until complete
- Creating day sheets and company memos for client events / shows that team is covering
Liasing daily with:
- Partners of the company / Co-workers / Other managers
- Artists and their spouses
- Business Managers
- Label Personnel
- Digital Team Personnel
- Merchandise Team Personnel, etc.
- Helping other assistants with incoming calls
- Helping other assistants with office and intern duties
Proficiency in the following platforms is HIGHLY preferred:
- Microsoft Office
- Master Tour