The O2 Apollo in Manchester is looking for a Box Office Manager.
The role is a permanent full time position for 40 hours a week.
- To co-ordinate all venue box office and ticketing activities.
- To contribute to the effective running of the business.
- To provide a high level of customer service at all times to both customers and clients.
- To proactively contribute to the maintenance of good relations with promoters and event staff to ensure the smooth running of events.
- To provide administration support to the General Manager and Management team.
- To be responsible for compliance with all company policies and procedures.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the venue Box Office.
- Confirming shows and ticket allocations as necessary and ensuring that all events are set up and managed accurately and run smoothly.
- Processing ticket printing requirements for promoters to ensure all ticket stock is provided to all agents in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring that ticket allocations are fulfilled & monitored.
- Processing and logging all accessibility bookings and working with partners to ensure high quality service for customers with access needs.
- Liaising with the Ticketmaster Account Manager for Ticketmaster operation and system matters, including the correct reporting of all system errors and software bugs.
- Liaising with Ticketmaster IT in regards the smooth running of the Access Manager scanner system.
- Training and scheduling day-time and night-time box office relief and providing a box office rota maintaining the required staffing levels.
- Providing promoters with guest list assistance as needed.
- Working evening and weekend shifts including national holidays as and when required.
- Ensuring that all monies are reconciled with the Ticketmaster system.
- Liaising with the social media coordinator to ensure the venue maximises ticket sales and provides relevant show information to customers.
- Covering social media activity as required.
- Representing the company as required.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may arise
- Working knowledge of Ticketmaster Ticketing system or equivalent computerised ticketing system.
- Experience of cash handling.
- Excellent customer service skills and positive phone manner.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Significant previous experience in a similar role and environment, using a computerised Box Office/Ticketing system.
- Experience of leading and managing a team.
- Experience of working in a live music environment and good knowledge of the operation of a live music venue.
- In-depth knowledge of the needs and operation of a Box Office, its day-to-day running and the general requirements to satisfy customers & clients.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and positive ‘can do’ approach. Working evening and weekend shifts including national holidays as and when required.
- An enthusiastic, motivated & willing team player.
- A passion for music & entertainment.