This is a new position and an exciting opportunity for someone who has prior experience in finance/accounting, is passionate about music and the creative industries.
We are a friendly, forward-thinking, dynamic and passionate team working for an exciting company in the music sector.
You will be supporting the Head of Finance and will be integral to the smooth running of the day-to-day accounting tasks and wider company financial systems.
Initial responsibilities will include ownership of accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers, ensuring bookkeeping is in order for all month-end reporting, as well as client reporting accounts. Client reporting tasks will include the essential role of setting up new clients, along with other ad hoc admin and reporting tasks. As the company is growing and this is a fast-moving business there is a lot of opportunity for development.
- Manual and Import invoicing to clients
- Invoice matching between bank reports and client reporting invoices for monthly reporting
- Monitoring project budgets and actuals.
- Reconciliation of receipts in our accounting system (Xero)
- Accounts set up in Xero
- To provide monthly payment run reports to be approved by Head of Finance
- To assist with preparation of monthly label reporting statements and batch payments
- To ensure all transactions are fully reconciled in Xero for month-end management accounts preparation
- Download and import credit card statements and reconcile into Xero
- Bank reconciliations, balance sheet recs
- Preparation of expense claim reports for approval and payment
LABEL REPORTING AND ADMINISTRATION
- Client database Admin
- General support to Head of Finance
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
- Part-qualified/AAT/ACCA/CIMA, studying or other relevant accounting experience
- Advanced skills for Excel/Google Sheets
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail – ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands on team player and confident communicator
- Passion for music and the creative industries
- Drive to make a difference
Salary neg depending on experience