ABSOLUTE LABEL SERVICES – SENIOR LABEL MANAGER (UK)
Are you passionate about the dynamic and ever-evolving landscape of the music industry? Do you possess a strategic mindset and a keen understanding of label management and digital operations? If so, we invite you to join Absolute Label Services as a Senior Label Manager.
At our vibrant Wimbledon village headquarters, working closely with a range of in-house departments, as well as our and your own eclectic roster of labels and artists, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our business.
Reporting to the Head of Label Operations, your main focus will be to represent a core roster of Absolute’s artist and label clients, helping drive visibility and revenue and adding value and expertise to their campaigns.
You will be the primary contact for your clients both established and emerging, across a variety of genres. You will be familiar with all aspects of putting put out digital singles, EP’s and albums into the market in a timely manner and able to multi-task, whilst working to deadlines. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 year’s experience in a similar role and a passion for music and providing clients with a first-class service.
Key responsibilities include developing and implementing label strategies, understanding digital distribution channels, and staying ahead of industry trends to maintain Absolute Label Services as a leader in the field. Your passion for music and dedication to excellence will be the driving force behind our continued success.
If you are ready to take on this exciting and challenging role we encourage you to apply. Join us at Absolute Label Services, where innovation, collaboration, and a love for music come together to create an unparalleled work environment.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR LABEL MANAGER AT ABSOLUTE DO?
- Oversee all aspects of campaign management across a large roster of clients both digital and physical supply chains
- Broadening the client roster and driving market growth by securing new label, manager and artist partnerships across all genres
- Onboard new clients in tandem with the Marketing Director, Head of
- Label Operations and senior management team.
- Conceive and implement industry leading release campaigns and strategies for Absolute artists
- Work closely with all internal teams including the Digital Retail team to develop market-leading streaming and playlist strategies
- Regularly review and audit rosters to optimise marketing opportunities
- Set and achieve streaming, sales and revenue targets and provide reporting and feedback external managers
- Represent Absolute at artist showcases; gigs, plus relevant industry conferences and events
- Continually strive to offer ideas for improvement, development and entrepreneurship across your own role and that of the team
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Passionate about music.
- Minimum 5 years music industry experience within a label or distributor, in a label management, product management or marketing capacity
- Experience working closely with artists and managers, digital platforms, and digital marketing in the music industry
- Excellent working knowledge of digital music distribution, supply chain and DSP processes
- Strong understanding of artists and labels needs for building and maximising release campaigns
- Analytical – be confident in reviewing results/data to monitor and improve campaigns and share client feedback
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
- Flexible, adaptable and strategic thinker
- Knowledge of international industry landscape is highly desirable
- Understanding of physical supply chain and distribution would be desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV (or equivalent) and covering letter to email@example.com referencing the job title ‘Senior Label Manager’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is February 2nd 2024. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a videocall interview.
Due to anticipated number of applicants, we are unable to reply to all applications.
WHAT WE’LL GIVE YOU
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working (our office is in Wimbledon, London) with a minimum of 2 days a week in the office expected.
- 22 bookable days of paid annual leave, in addition to bank holidays, your birthday and the Christmas period.
- Private medical insurance
- Continuous courses and training covering both your immediate role and the wider music industry.
- This is full-time role. Typical office hours are Monday to Thursday 09:30 – 18:00 and on Fridays, we finish at 17:00.
You’re welcome to apply to any of our roles regardless of your race, gender, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or parental responsibility. We are open to making reasonable adjustments to both the job spec and interview process to be fully inclusive and you’re welcome to let us know about these at any point during the recruitment process or in your initial CV email.