Absolute Label Services is one of the most established label services companies in the world. It has a proven track record of powering successful campaigns and providing routes to market for a wide range of independent artists, managers and labels.
The company’s diverse client base ranges from developing talent such as Jake Isaac, edbl and Au/Ra to household names including Kaiser Chiefs, Alesha Dixon and Busted. Our dedicated team is the backbone of our world-class service and we’re currently looking for the newest member of the Absolute family.
What We’re Looking For
We are currently seeking a Digital Rights Assistant to work in our Digital department and alongside various in-house departments to deliver first-class service to our eclectic roster of labels and artists. The Digital Rights team are the core of Absolute’s YouTube network who monitor, track and resolve conflicts.
Reporting to the Digital Rights Manager, you will be assisting in ensuring we adhere to all guidelines and meet all YouTube requirements, resolve sound recording disputes and search for potential claims. With meticulous attention to detail, an ability to multi-task, and impeccable organisational skills, you will be passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Daily Catalogue Manager (CMS) Maintenance
- Resolve Potential Claims
- Dispute Claims and Conflicts
- Ownership Transfer Requests
- Action Requests to whitelist Profiles/Channels and update track
- Responding to queries from label managers and clients, escalating issues to the Digital Rights Manager where needed.
- Video Metadata Updates
- Maintain all four YouTube Certifications
- Resolve rights related issues in Meta Rights Manager
- Resolve rights related issues in Soundcloud Deck
- Issue split rights for Vevo
Please note that this is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities. As the business grows and adapts to changes in the music industry and your own skills, the role will deviate from this document and develop.
Skills and Experience
We’re keen to help someone take their first steps into the music industry, therefore we are looking for the following.
- A passion for music.
- Highly organised and driven.
- Either university educated / equivalent, or non-university educated with entry-level experience in the relevant role.
- A fast-learner able to understand complex technical systems.
- Excellent communication skills, and able to convey technical issues to non-technical staff members and clients.
- Adaptable and able to use their initiative.
- Proficient in Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate Excel / Google Sheets skills.
- Valid YouTube Certifications in any or all the following modules: Content Ownership, Asset Monetisation, Music
- Rights Management, and Music Assessment
- Able to read and understand XML or other programming languages.
What We’ll Give You
- A competitive salary.
- Hybrid working with at least two office days per-week (our office is located in Wimbledon, London).
- 20 bookable days of paid annual leave, in addition to bank holidays and the Christmas period.
- Continuous courses and training covering both your immediate role and the wider music industry, including copyright law, and marketing.
- Private medical insurance and health plan.
How to Apply
Please email your CV (or equivalent) to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title ‘Digital Rights Assistant’ in the subject line. You do not need to provide a cover letter.
The closing date for applications is 27th August 2023. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a videocall interview.
You’re welcome to apply to any of our roles regardless of your race, gender, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or parental responsibility. We are open to making reasonable adjustments to both the job spec and interview process in order to be fully inclusive – you’re welcome to let us know about these at any point during the recruitment process or in your initial CV email.