Abbey Road Studios is looking for a highly organised Junior Programme Manager to join the team at Abbey Road Red and help manage their music tech incubation programme and other innovation activities.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Abbey Road Red is Abbey Road’s music tech incubation programme. The first of its kind in Europe and at the forefront of the music technology landscape since launch in 2015, our programme has incubated 15 music tech start-ups spanning the value chain from creation to logistics, marketing and consumption.
Our aim is to help brilliant founders introduce the next set of universally adopted technologies into the music business, in the same way our predecessors did.
Abbey Road Red also represents our other innovation activities here at Abbey Road. We host yearly hackathons, launch digital music products, explore cutting edge developments in spatial audio and immersive technologies, and produce a programme of knowledge sharing content and events, from Red Talks on cutting edge trends to blogs, video and other social media posts.
In the role of Junior Programme Manager you will work closely with Abbey Road Red’s Innovation Manager, helping to run the incubation programme and all its associated activities including scouting, start-up research, diligence, programme management, Red Talk research and production, blog post authoring and more; as well as feed into our other innovation activities from product ideation to helping run Hackathons.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Programme management: you will be responsible for running the incubation programme with oversight from the Innovation Manager; this will include but not be limited to helping plan incubation frameworks, setting up and overseeing mentorship sessions and workshops with executives from Universal Music and Abbey Road Studios as well as our wider mentor network.
Start-up research: you will be responsible for helping to scout and research startups; maintaining and updating a large start-up database, producing trends charts and analysis; and handling inbound applications from our online platform and our network.
General administration and research: you will be responsible for helping the Innovation Manager prepare presentations and materials for board meetings, internal briefings, conference keynotes and other events; you will be expected to conduct ad hoc research into specific areas of interest as required
Marketing: you will work with the Abbey Road marketing team to generate and publish content and marketing assets related to Red’s activity and areas of interest online and on social media
Digital project management: you will work alongside the Innovation Manager, Head of Digital and Head of Audio Products to manage relationships with developers commissioned to prototype new in-house ideas, test iterative builds and monitor delivery against project plans.
Be a confident communicator:
Copywriting: you will be expected to generate copy for website updates and blog posts, event outlines, meeting summaries, internal briefings, and other documents.
Event management: you will be responsible for organising and producing events with oversight from the Innovation Manager; these events will include Red Talks and our yearly Demo Day and start up activations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be exceptionally organised and efficient and thrive on completing tasks and projects on or ahead of time
- Excel in a dynamic work environment with changing day-to-day challenges and tasks
- Be comfortable producing reports and summaries as well as creative and research-led blog posts
- Be confident, professional and personable, comfortable meeting new people and building relationships on a regular basis.
- Continually show initiative and have an analytical mindset
- Show a genuine passion for exploring cutting edge emerging technologies.
- Have a strong understanding of the music technology start-up ecosystem and music business, with a desire to learn more
- Have experience using a range of music software and hardware and be familiar with commonly used audio-visual tools and technologies.
- Be comfortable using Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint Word and Excel (ideally with good experience in advanced Excel tasks); as well as learning and maintaining any other project management tools
Desirable but non-essential:
- A passion for music and the meeting points between culture and technology.
- A knowledge and appreciation of the history of recording technologies.
- An understanding of content marketing and how to maximise reach and impact on social media.
- A basic level of experience editing HTML and using WordPress.