JOB TITLE: Assistant Accountant
CONTRACT TERM: Permanent
LOCATION: ABBA Voyage Arena/Head office (central London)
REPORTING TO: Financial Controller
ABBA Voyage is a concert like no other, blending cutting-edge technology, spectacular lighting, and some of the most beloved songs ever written. Since the custom-built arena opened in May 2022, the show has been astounding and delighting thousands of visitors from across the world. But as we continue to optimise the London show and with rapidly expanding growth plans, the journey is only getting started. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our already world-class team.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of something truly iconic and really make your mark. If you’d like to take your career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
See what audiences have been saying about the show: https://www.instagram.com/p/CghOCTIDdy3/
As the Assistant Accountant, you will not only be involved in the day to day running of the department but will also collaborate with the Finance Director (FD) and Financial Controller (FC) team to help establish a first-class finance department. The role will focus on managing the financial transactions of the organisation, working with a range of departments, and developing a fit-for-purpose finance function. This is a brand-new role, and a rare opportunity to gain insight into department building and be part of something right from the beginning. The role will provide study support and is a great opportunity for somebody looking to establish their finance career within the entertainment sector.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ownership of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable process workflows from start to finish
- Responsible for ensuring all income streams are invoiced and accounted for accurately and on a timely basis
- Handling the primary accounting of Ticket Sales, Food and Beverage,
- Merchandise and Sponsorship Income
- Responsible for ensuring weekly and monthly payment runs are performed and the correct payments are made to creditors and staff in line with contractual terms and statutory obligations
- Processing all supplier invoices against POs and budgetary control systems. Liaising with internal departments to resolve invoice and PO discrepancies and other supplier queries
- Daily banking, cash allocation and account reconciliations
- Managing client relationships, including speaking with ticketing partners, customers and suppliers as needed for problem resolution
- Sales Ledger management and cash collection including resolving any account queries to ensure the timely collection of all monies due
- Assist budget holders with their queries on supplier expenditure and payments, including providing support and training in the use of the accounting system for raising POs and running reports
- Validating employee expense claims and expense card payments to ensure policy adherence with correct approval processes
- Regular aged debtor and creditor reporting and commentary including analysis to identify risks to cash collections and supplier commitments
- Perform monthly routines, run month end reports, provide commentary, and reconcile ledgers and support month-end close processes
- Assist the FC with departmental reporting and monitor tracking to budget
- Help develop systems and processes that support and enable a successful finance function and then constantly review and improve controls and identify opportunities for improvement
- A qualification in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is desirable
- 2-3 years of working experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or a similar role preferably within the entertainment, events, leisure, or hospitality sectors
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (UK GAAP)
- You will have previous accounts receivable and accounts payable experience with a good understanding of revenue management and contractor partnerships
- Experience of helping develop systems and processes that support and enable successful business operations
- A key requirement of this position is the ability to work under pressure and multitask while retaining a strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for working in a start-up environment and are highly adaptable as part of an evolving team able to adapt to changing priorities
- A positive, can-do, and problem-solving attitude
- Prior experience of Xero or similar software is needed
- Proficient with Excel and competent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience within the entertainment sector with exposure to ticketing income is an advantage
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- The opportunity to be part of a revolutionary concert
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 6% matching pension contributions
- 10 complimentary tickets to the show every year
- Health Care Cash Plan, EAP and retail discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an up-to-date CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Assistant Accountant”.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
Here at ABBA Voyage, we strive to be a business where difference is valued and everyone is able to thrive in a culture of equality, inclusion and belonging. We are committed to providing a truly inclusive environment that reflects today’s society, where everyone is able to bring their true selves to work, and where diverse voices and backgrounds are valued, heard, and well-represented.
ABBA Voyage welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
If you have a disability or additional needs that require accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know at the point of application.
BE YOUR BEST STATEMENT
We want everyone to make the most of the opportunity to shine and showcase their talents, so we are happy to make adjustments in the recruitment process so you can be your best!
Please don’t hesitate in discussing any specific requirements with us, or if you would feel more comfortable, you can email us confidentially at email@example.com to let us know how we can support you.