The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a trade group representing independently owned recorded music companies. Independently owned labels comprise all genres of music, and over a third of all recorded music in the United States, including major stars such as Adele and Paul McCartney.
A2IM is uniquely positioned to serve as a central voice for a diverse community of Independent labels operating within the United States. A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in the media, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community.
LOCATION: At A2IM’s headquarters offices in New York, NY
Responsibilities: The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing A2IM’s marketing strategies through all media outlets to elevate the public and industry profile of the organization and its members.
Specific duties include
- Increase A2IM’s business by creating significantly greater awareness of its activities and its members’ achievements among members, prospective members, the music and tech industries, on Capitol Hill, and with artists and consumers
- Develop creative marketing plans aligned with A2IM’s vision and mission
- Research, identify, pursue, and close new revenue generating opportunities
- Market and advance A2IM’s events and ensure that execution meets or exceeds best practices
- Coordinate information flows with all forms of media, outside PR company, lobbyists, board members, staff, and members
- Some travel required
- Other duties as required
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong PR/marketing writing, general written and verbal presentation and interpersonal skills
- Exhaustive knowledge of cutting edge music and association marketing techniques, including SEO
- Comprehensive understanding of music industry and particularly independent labels’ issues
- The drive to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service for our members
- Skilled in communicating to all levels of the music, media, tech industries and Congress
- Strong data management, analytical, and reporting skills
- Highly organized, detailed, and accurate
- Effective prioritization, time and project management skills
- Super geek computer, Internet, social media, Google Analytics, SEO, graphics software, MS Office, and Google suite user
- Innovative thinker
- Ability to work independently yet collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders
Job Type: Full-time
A2IM is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Salary and job title commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com