ABOUT THE COMPANY: The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a trade group representing independently owned recorded music companies.
A2IM is uniquely positioned and serves as a central voice for a diverse community of independent labels operating within the United States by focusing on government advocacy, education, and creating business opportunities for its community.
A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in media and tech, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community. A2IM focuses on government advocacy, education, and creating community through networking for its members.
At A2IM’s headquarters in New York, NY
The Member Relations role is responsible for acquiring and retaining members for A2IM. This person will be the primary contact for A2IM’s record label community and will be responsible for upholding our core tenets.
Specific duties include:
- Ensuring that execution and member service meets or exceeds best practices year-round and at A2IM events
- Increasing A2IM’s membership through personal contacts, research, and networking
- Communicating regularly with current members to ensure their needs are being met and to identify industry issues
- Quantifying A2IM’s value propositions to members and prospective members
- Coordinating information flows with communications manager, staff, and members
- Travel required to attend A2IM events and other industry conferences
- Curating A2IM showcase at SXSW and performers at Libera Awards
- Other duties as required
Required Skills and Experience:
- An excellent network of independent labels and other potential member organizations
- Indefatigable sales ability
- A proactive self-starter who is able to work independently yet collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders
- Comprehensive understanding of music industry and particularly independent labels’ issues
- The drive to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service for our members
- Skilled in communicating to all levels of the music, media, and tech industries and Congress
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including but not limited to impeccable phone skills and the ability to participate in public speaking engagements
- CRM, data management, analytical, and reporting skills
- Highly organized, detailed, and accurate
- Effective prioritization, time, and project management skills
- Tech savvy including use of computers, Internet, social media, MS Office, and Google suite
- Innovative thinker
- Record label, music publishing, music distribution, management, or other relevant music industry experience is strongly desired
- Encyclopedic knowledge of the independent hip-hop and Latin music ecosystems is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
A2IM is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Salary and job title commensurate with experience
To apply for the role or recommend a qualified candidate please email [email protected] and include A2IM Label Member Relations in the subject line.