Executive Assistant to the CEO required for the American Association of Independent Music (A2IM).
Based in A2IM office in New York, NY.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor CEO’s schedule
- Be the primary point of contact to the CEO
- Manage a complex calendar for the CEO and other staff
- Liaise with the board, committees, and staff
- Edit and publish minutes from key meetings
- File expenses for A2IM staff
- Organize travel for A2IM staff
- Research and draft speeches and presentations
- Manage contacts in CRM and other necessary resources
- Organize RSVPs for all events
- Collegial, collaborative, and personable
- Aligned with A2IM’s mission for independent music
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and to act with discretion
- Good judgment in critical situations
- Strong written, verbal, administrative, and organizational skills
- The ability to productively balance multiple priorities
- The ability to work independently from conception to completion
- The ability to work under pressure on a wide variety of activities
- Excellent computer, Microsoft office and Google suite skills
A2IM is an equal opportunity employer and offers an excellent benefits package.
The offices are on the second floor within only walkup access.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A2IM is a non-profit trade association based on the Lower East Side of New York City www.a2im.org
- A2IM helps Independent music labels improve business by promoting access and parity through advocacy, education and connection building with one another and affiliated businesses.
- A2IM is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit trade organization representing a diverse group of over 350 Independently owned American record labels. A2IM’s independent community includes music labels of all sizes and staffing levels across the United States, from Hawaii to Florida, representing musical genres as diverse as our membership, including Bluegrass, Blues, Children’s, Classical, Comedy, Country, Dance/electronic, Gospel, Folk, Hawaiian, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Latin, Metal, New Age, Pop, R&B, Reggae, Roots, Soca/Caribbean, Traditional American, World, and more.
- “Independent” doesn’t refer to a specific genre of music, nor does it mean lesser-known artists. For example, A2IM member labels have issued music releases by artists including Taylor Swift, Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers, Adele, Paul McCartney, Arcade Fire, Run the Jewels, Bon Iver, and many others.
- A2IM supports a key segment of America’s creative class and small business community. As an organization, we are committed to protecting the value of America’s Independent musical contributions and influence.
- A2IM is uniquely positioned to serve as a central voice for a diverse community of Independent labels operating within the United States. The A2IM organization represents Independents’ interests in the marketplace, in the media, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community.