8BARS is a new mobile platform for the music community, currently focused on the UK hip-hop, rap and R&B scene. We are seeking to democratise talent discovery, connect artists with their fans in exciting new ways and provide real and meaningful opportunities for artists, wherever they are in their journey.
We are a diverse team with deep experience across mobile, gaming, music and talent management. The company is backed by a top group of music, entertainment and hip hop investors.
Our offices are located in London but we hire and empower talent wherever they choose to live!
Your Job at 8BARS
As a Marketing Lead, in close collaboration with the founders, you will develop the app-growth strategy, understand our market and inform our roadmap and its execution. You will work closely with the development team on building a strong brand positioning and guarantee its cohesiveness across product and marketing assets/campaigns. You will be in direct contact with our community through face to face interactions, the 8BARS app and other channels with the aim of translating their needs and thoughts into actions to drive growth.
Who are you
- You have experience in a marketing leadership role. The eventual goal is to build an internal team and work with agencies as needed
- You are someone who understands the fundamental ingredients of building an impactful brand
- You are someone who likes to keep busy and finds ways to add value (to the company or your skillset) if there is time between tasks/initiatives
- You have experience with online advertising, social media and/or influencer marketing
- You have a track record of building user growth through traditional and non-traditional channels
- You understand the mobile marketing funnel and user journey from Advert to install, and beyond
- You are tech savvy and have experience working with, and ideally managing, remote teams
- You can write a clear brief for internal stakeholders or external audiences/agencies
- To be clear, we’ve listed a number of areas across all of Marketing. The aim here is not to expect you to be an expert level unicorn at “All the Things” – the aim is to let you know that we are a startup, we need someone with experience, and our goal is to co-create an amazing role at a growing company.
- Have connections in the UK music industry
- Past startup experience
- You love music, preferably Hip Hop, Rap, R&B
- You are familiar with the UK music scene: Grime, Garage, etc
- Have purchased at least one NFT
- Knowledge of the creator economy and Web 3.0
What 8BARS can offer you:
- A competitive salary and stock options plan
- 28 Days Annual Holidays (29 in 2022)
- Autonomy and significant impact to the development and business processes
- Friendly, energetic and collaborative environment
- A chance to work fully remote or hybrid depending on your location.
- An amazing opportunity to work with the hottest established and emerging talent in the UK music scene
- Flexible Benefits and Educational Budget
Ready to join 8BARS? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org