88rising is the leading content platform representing the unique, vibrant cultural landscape of Asia across music, fashion, art and food.
As a tight-knit team of digital content creators, we are best in class in pushing Asian culture forward. We are the ones the world has been waiting for – an unprecedented, next-generation entertainment company redefining and shaping global culture. Check out our content here.
88Rising is looking to find a suitable candidate to fulfil the roles and responsibilities of a Royalty & Finance Manager position. This position would be based out of our Los Angeles office.
In this role, you will help support the finance team in managing and administering internal financial systems across 88Rising, including accounts payable and receivable processing. You will be a direct conduit between the various 88Rising divisions and the Finance team on a day-to-day basis. You will be asked to strengthen operations-related synergies through system implementation and system administration.
A focus of the Finance Manager is also to process third-party payments of royalties, maintain royalty system data, and assist in other processes in support of the Royalty Department. You will also interface on a day-to-day basis with our outside royalty accounting firm in order to funnel the flow of internal 88Rising information needed for their day-to-day activities.
You: Candidates must have an incredibly focused attention to detail. You must be an extremely efficient and skilled communicator, who is able to multi-task and balance their time. You must have experience with accounts payable and receivable processing. Ideally, he/she has prior experience in music industry related touring and royalty accounting.
- Support the CFO and Director of Finance in managing and resolving financial issues across 88Rising
- Update and administer internal financial tracking systems across 88Rising divisions, including accounts payable & receivable, tracking and reconciling of company commission revenue, and internal T&E expenses
- Manage and track invoicing, PO, vendor payment systems
- Communicate with royalty and licensing clients
- Track and forecast royalties which come monthly, quarterly, biannually, and annually
- Generate summary statements for clients
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting or related field, preferably experienced with royalties at a music company
- 4-year college degree preferably with a Music Business-related degree
- Ability to dissect contracts and understand nuances
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills