88rising is the leading content platform representing the unique, vibrant cultural landscape of Asia across music, fashion, art and food.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Director that will provide support to our current team. The ideal candidate will come from music or entertainment, and have current relationships with in the industry.
As a tight-knit team of digital content creators, we are best in class in pushing Asian culture forward. We are the ones the world has been waiting for – an unprecedented, next-generation entertainment company redefining and shaping global culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation, development, and execution of marketing strategies, packaging design, ad campaigns, marketing initiatives, tour planning, viral and energy campaigns.
- Participate in near and long term creative planning to ensure a clear and consistent message for assigned projects while acting as a central point of contact and lead for all assigned projects.
- Work with all departments in meeting deadlines and keeping a creative thread running throughout the projects.
- Develop and execute creative imaging for marketing campaigns in conjunction with an Art Director.
- Overseeing the timely production of commercial and promotional product, including advertising materials, album packaging, videos, retail displays and posters.
- Lead collaborative effort and help conceptualize creative concepts on all digital marketing initiatives including the development of mobile and digital marketing concepts, artist website design and maintenance, and the design, implementation and maintenance of social media presence.
- Create and execute ideas to engage DSPs
- Liaise with artist management on a regular basis and communicate label plans and expectations.
- Participate in managing release schedule as it pertains to assigned projects.
- Research and evaluate customer needs, industry landscape, and market/cultural trends.
- Identify and analyze new and innovative exposure and revenue generating opportunities for assigned artists.
- Work with artist management and A&R on assessing artist development needs.
- Work closely with promotion and publicity departments on creating and scheduling opportunities.
- Work with the Sales department to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Work with International Marketing department to ensure marketing plans and project needs are met and executed on a global basis.
- Help with the planning and execution of artist showcases/listening parties/events for tastemakers and industry personnel.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of progressive marketing experience in the music/entertainment industry.
- Demonstrated creative ideation of successful marketing campaigns.
- Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of music and well versed on 88rising artists.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Must be adept in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote to create multiple artist schedules and budgets.
- Strong marketing, project management, and problem solving skills.
- Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline.
- Successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated
- ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- JOB TYPE: Full-time