88rising is the leading content platform representing the unique, vibrant cultural landscape of Asia across music, fashion, art and food.
As a tight-knit team of digital content creators, we are best in class in pushing Asian culture forward.
We are the ones the world has been waiting for – an unprecedented, next-generation entertainment company redefining and shaping global culture.
We are currently seeking a General Manager to oversee the record label and publishing verticals within the company.
The GM will manage strategy, acquisitions, A&R development, marketing, promotion, sales and drive execution.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee all marketing strategies and initiatives for the labels’ artists and releases
- Lead internal teams, collaborate with rest of company verticals and third party partners to deliver successful results on all initiatives
- Interact with all artists, managers and agents
- Contribute to and drive A&R acquisitions and music development
- Strategize, drive and manage creative, content, marketing, promotion, digital platforms/socials, sales and PR initiatives
- Drive sales strategy, relationships with retailers, key editorial players, DSPs, international, merchandisers, sync teams and other revenue generators
- Drive collaborations with brands and tech companies
- Work with the executive team on overall financial planning and facilitate the process to meet projected goals.
- Work with executive team to coordinate, communicate, and implement all financial aspects of each division (i.e.; P&L, Budget meetings)
- Create and implement all budgets in conjunction with the various Department Heads in the
- Company (i.e.; Sales, Marketing, Streaming, New Media, Promotion, Publicity, International, Finance, etc.)
- Manage budgets and oversee the company’s accounting and royalty systems
- Communicate with staff, as well as artist management, to clearly articulate goals, strategies, and expectations for each campaign
- Create reporting system for all verticals to share with executive team
- Create reporting system for releases to share with artist management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- JOB TYPE: Full-time
- Management: 5 years
- Music Industry: 10 years
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the music industry
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of all aspects of the music industry.
- Complete understanding of all aspects of the music business
- Ability to effectively lead diverse groups of people
- Experience in artist development
- Strong oral and written communication skills