88rising is the leading content platform representing the unique, vibrant cultural landscape of Asia across music, fashion, art and food.
We are currently seeking an A&R Associate that will provide support to our current team.
The ideal candidate will come from music or entertainment, and have current relationships with in the industry.
As a tight-knit team of digital content creators, we are best in class in pushing Asian culture forward.
We are the ones the world has been waiting for – an unprecedented, next-generation entertainment company redefining and shaping global culture.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research artist targets for features, writers, producers; companies to work with; creative landscape for releases.
- Coordinate records (coordinating sessions; sending/receiving files for mixing and mastering, booking studios and maintaining recording budgets
- Work with artist/management & labels to obtain approvals
- Catalogue registrations across publishing, PRO, SoundExchange, Neighboring Rights, etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent knowledge of recording industry and practices
- Maintaining a fast paced schedule of releases and projects
- Ability to handle/direct several types of projects with multiple, overlapping and ever-changing
- deadlines, working closely with other departments
- 2-3 years of promotions, A&R, and/or administrative experience in music or entertainment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong drive to learn more about the recording landscape, key players, companies
- Working knowledge of business affairs, A&R administration, production and marketing
- A&R: 2 years
- Administrative: 2 years
- JOB TYPE: Full-time