Through music and stories created for a culturally open-minded community, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee is a catalyst for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged Milwaukee.
As an organization we believe in the following values:
- Progressive/open to change
- Fun, humor and enthusiasm
- Transparent communication to staff and community
- Accountability and acknowledgement o Nurturing
88Nine Radio Milwaukee is deepening its commitment to the Milwaukee music scene by forming a companion program to the existing program – Backline.
This position will lead the process of developing and executing this program within Radio Milwaukee.
Once the program is developed, the position will also handle the daily on-goings of the program including staff and committee organization, management, and collaboration.
- Build a new vision of Backline Radio Milwaukee while complementing the 12- week Backline accelerator program with gener8tor.
- Plan and execute the new program vision, in collaboration with volunteer committee, staff and key stakeholders
- Coordinate and execute Backline Radio Milwaukee programs and related activities (workshops, showcases, etc.).
- Recruit, vet and help select musicians with collaboration with Gener8tor, to participate in Backline Radio Milwaukee.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Director to shape annual revenue targets and fundraising strategy and assist with fundraising appeals and grant proposals as needed.
- Build relationships with stakeholders in the music and entertainment industry both locally and nationally (musicians, managers, record labels, producers, distributors, mentors, service providers, etc.).
- Continuously listen to the Milwaukee music scene in order to develop and maintain a program that meets its need
- Coordinate with program stakeholders and help develop relationships with supporters. • Act as the lead mentor and continuously support program musicians, alumni, and the local music community.
- Support the Radio Milwaukee team across all product lines to build connectivity between all programs.
- Communicate and work in tandem with Marketing Director to develop program communication plans.
- Commitment to Radio Milwaukee’s mission and values
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, organized.
- Experience and existing relationships in the Milwaukee music and entertainment industry is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities and external relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, collaborate with diverse groups and develop relationships.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic teams.
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly dive deeper into the industry, even if already familiar.
- Flexibility to travel and work some nights and weekends- we’re not a Monday-Friday, 9-5 operation!
- At least two years of program or product management experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] by 5pm, October 23, 2020. No phone calls please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.