7digital is the global leader in B2B Music-Platform-as-a-Service that enables companies and brands to connect to its global music catalogue and rights management system to launch and manage unique and engaging music experiences.
Operating worldwide in over 80 markets and integrated with more than 300,000 labels and publishers, 7digital’s platform automates the complex and time consuming processes of music licensing management, making it easier to access and use music in streaming services, social media, home fitness, gaming and retail. Our industry leading clients include Triller, Apex Rides, UMG, Kuaishou and Grandpad to name a few.
Our business has undergone a transformation in the last two years with a number of new clients and opportunities leading us to focus on what’s next. We are a friendly (but focused), humble and customer focused bunch of music and tech experts committed to delivering a world class service to our clients and customers first and foremost at all times. We believe in creating an environment of continuous improvement that allows each person to reach their full potential. We offer fully remote working (within the UK) to ensure that you have full autonomy of your time and work in the way that feels right for you.
About the role
This role will see an experienced Product leader joining our team to focus on the continuous discovery, design, evolution and execution of 7digital’s B2B music API Platform-as-a-Service product.
You will be passionate about technology and emerging trends in digital content consumption. You have the ability to build a product story and evangelise about an opportunity and why it’s important for 7digital to extract value from it, using data and insight to back it up. You will adopt a client-lead approach to product strategy, and be the voice of the customer across the business.
As a product management expert, you are expected to actively participate in strategic discussions with important customers, partners and stakeholders. You will be able to influence senior stakeholders and will have the gravitas and credibility that will drive the 7digital team to follow the product vision and relevant methodologies. This is a key strategic role within 7digital, reporting to the CEO.
This role is a hands-on, player-coach role where you will balance both strategic and tactical demands. One day you will be thinking about entering new opportunity markets, and breaking down an epic for development with a team the next. You will intimately understand your product from top to bottom, and be 7digital’s foremost authority on the platform.
You will have autonomy and authority within Product & Technology, and directly manage a team of product managers and analysts. You will equally need to influence and engage the business at large, driving alignment around strategic goals and partnering with the Commercial, Client Success, Content, Legal, and Finance teams. You will help monitor and shape the performance of the business, taking on critical challenges and contributing to our overall strategy and success.
Key Focus Areas
- In partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, define product strategy and deliver a roadmap for the 7digital API Platform-as-a-Service that meets the needs of both new and existing clients.
- Lead a product discovery process and subsequent development of new features that address the music needs of new opportunity markets, such as the Gaming sector.
- Effectively balance the needs of both clients and suppliers, to ensure 7digital’s key relationships across the music industry are kept informed of our product value and ongoing developments.
- Form a symbiotic relationship with the Commercial teams, to support the generation of new clients and feedback loops into the product. Enter new markets and provide supporting collateral in partnership with Marketing.
- Collaborate with VP Engineering and the engineering team to understand technical constraints and deliver progressive solutions that balance the needs of the business with technical or architectural realities.
- Mentor and lead the Product team, ensuring the Product function can scale over time.
- Champion a product-led business culture, and ensure the best-practice product process is adopted within the organisation.
- Work closely with the SLT and Product team to define and drive the product strategy.
- Partner with the commercial team through supporting the business
development and sales efforts through high quality customer engagement.
- Provide key market, technology, and ecosystem insights and understanding to
inform and drive business decisions
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities and set out how 7digital can solve
consumer problems to extract value from those opportunities, and successfully lead the delivery of those products.
- Building documentation and marketing assets in collaboration with our CMO to showcase our products to the highest standard.
- Execute the product strategy consistently, rapidly and effectively in a manner
that delivers maximum value.
- Build, foster and evolve a strong product culture that values making an
impact through the use of OKRs, not just shipping features.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other departments such as Technology,
Commercial and Client Success to ensure effective delivery and support of technology products
- Experienced in a senior product role within a technical product domain, ideally where APIs are a key part of the product.
- Experience working with media content at scale.
- Able to motivate and develop product and technical staff to achieve required results.
- Experience in communicating with C-level executives in a strategic context.
- History of providing strategic insights for organisations
- Able to translate strategy into measurable operational goals and objectives;
product vision and strategy should drive and underpin day-to-day product
- Smart, collaborative and able to communicate clearly
- Able to build partnership relationships with clients, but also foster strong internal working relationships
- Disciplined in assessing performance and addressing problems
- Excellent understanding of agile/lean principles
- Knowledge of product discovery and development best practices
- Highly-developed critical and analytical thinking
- Deep knowledge of how to use product-generated data (analytics) in evaluations, decision making, and strategy creation
Salary + Benefits
- Salary £70K to £90K dependant on experience
- Flexible and 100% remote working options (within UK)
- 25 days holiday (increasing by one day each January, up to a maximum of 30 days)
- £500 per year on learning of your choice
- Bonus birthday day off
- Group Life Insurance
- Health cash back scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Up to 3 days paid each year to do volunteer/charity work
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If you require any reasonable adjustments made to the application process please let us know.