Would you love to help transform the way the world listens to music? In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work with companies all over the world, breaking new ground in an industry ripe with growth and innovation.
7digital is a B2B digital music and radio services company launched in 2004. We’re looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Manager with a strong understanding across music, entertainment and music-tech to join our commercial team in our San Francisco, CA US headquarters.
- We’ve got exceptional relationships within the music industry; we have a catalogue of over 40 million tracks and are licensed in 82 countries
- We foster industry growth and innovation by simplifying access to music for major brands such as Onkyo and Panasonic, and a diverse range of exciting new services like Guvera, OpenLIVE, and The Overflow
- The core of our business is the provision of robust and scalable technical infrastructure and extensive global music rights used to create music streaming and radio services for a diverse range of customers – including consumer brands, mobile carriers, broadcasters, automotive systems, record labels and retailers
About this job
We need a super-talented and enthusiastic business development manager to join the team, based in San Francisco: someone who has a hunger to make a substantial difference to a fast-growing digital music business.
This position is key to our growth in the US market. The candidate would work closely with our London HQ and the US staff on the ground, with a direct reporting line to the GM of North America, based in SF.
What you’ll be doing
- Driving B2B revenue to achieve 7digital’s ambitious growth through closing commercial API and licensing deals
- Proactively generating new business leads, as well as managing incoming sales enquiries
- Maintaining client and industry relationships
- Working to targets, you will be required to adopt a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new business call with an in-depth understanding of our services
- Working with others on collaborative pitches and deal negotiations
- Managing internal stakeholders to build and deliver on complex projects
- Attending trade shows and events in order to foster relationships with existing clients and identify new prospects
- Traveling to pitch the 7digital proposition
What you’ll need
- You ideally have product and/or sector experience and you should be able to demonstrate proven experience selling complex products or solutions in the technology sector
- You will be an exceptional communicator with strong negotiation skills and the ability to work autonomously and influence senior stakeholders
- You have experience working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- You have experience in scoping out/defining new business models and financial models
- You are comfortable reviewing contracts from a commercial perspective which will entail legal and technical terminology
- You are highly motivated with a passion for our business and trends in the market
- You have a wide network of useful contacts and potential leads
- You will be comfortable networking in the industry to grow the company contact list and bring in viable leads
- You have basic knowledge of music licensing
- You have 3-5+ years of business development or sales experience (industry focused a bonus)
If this sounds like you, please apply here
If you have any questions please contact our Talent team directly [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!