4AD’s US Communications Manager will be a key representative of 4AD’s ethos, channels the voice of the company and is a force in furthering artists’ careers. The position will be based out of our NY office.
The right person will prove to be essential in the label’s capability to promote the narrative our artists and to facilitate a dialog between each artist and their fan base while also delivering on all US deliverables of artist press campaigns. This role requires the individual to have a strong grasp on the contemporary role of PR in the current promotional climate, and awareness of quality music and the relevance of music in connecting with people.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributes to and drives the US press campaign strategy for our artists while closely
liaising with UK Publicity lead, internal label staff, and external press contacts
- Secure placement, coverage and appearances across various outlets effectively persuasively advocating for artists’ visibility across media to reach, engage, and expand artists’ audiences
- Serve as a point of contact for all inbound press requests, proactively relaying to management and responding to managers/media contacts for basic press needs from various outlets
- Writing and servicing all press releases and press materials for 4AD artists on our roster announcing album news, tours, asset premieres, etc.
- On-site presence for any press opportunities with artists – i.e. interviews, media outlet office visits, TV performances, sessions
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to learn and develop knowledge + build relationships with external press/media partners
- Maintains strong knowledge on media outlets and identifies outlets that are best suitable for 4AD’s roster
- Coordinates with label PMs and artist teams on press guest lists for shows and events
- Drafts and collates the weekly label publicity updates
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Exemplary communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal) and “big picture” thinker
- Strong understanding on the contemporary role of PR in the current promotional climate and awareness of quality music and the relevance of music in connecting with people
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and refining an artist’s narrative within the broader cultural conversation through connecting the dots across traditional media, online media + brand marketing channels
- Strong work ethic with ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines and get things done
- Consummate professional – we’re looking for someone who values honest, acts with integrity and is a consistent set of hands in delivering excellent work
- Ability to learn on the job and quickly develop and contribute their voice/input in team conversations
- Someone who is a big-picture strategist but also has the fortitude and wherewithal to get into the weeds (day-to-day) in the articulation and amplification of the messaging of an artist’s vision and image in line with press plans
- A well-connected relationship-builder across all mediums who can seamlessly shift gears between artist, label and external press/media contacts
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include your name and “4AD US Comms Manager” in the subject line.
Our company embraces the principle of equal employment opportunity for all. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.