3000 Years Music Publishing
Senior Synch Manager/ Head of Synch
Remote working but within UK only.
It’s all coming together! In this brand, new music publishing company we are now looking for a Senior Synch Manager/ Head of Synch to help drive forward that crucial side of the business. We are looking for someone with passion and imagination, with a few years behind them in the world of music supervision or in synch licensing and bespoke music creation for visual media.
Someone who gets truly excited about the world of music and visuals, who understands the exciting alchemy of when those two elements collide. Are you a freelancer who would welcome the chance to work with a small team to feed ideas to and collaborate with? Stuck with nowhere to progress to in a larger firm? Get in touch and let’s have a chat!
A chance of a lifetime to create a brand new synch department in a brand new music publishing company, 3000 Years. You will work alongside a small but perfectly formed team of energetic, highly experienced and reputable A&R, synch and admin staff to create the synch strategy and roster of your dreams.
We want to do the basics better than anyone and help writers and producers put beautiful work into the world, to collaborate with film-makers and visual creators to give them exciting and appropriate options for their projects.
- Music fan with broad taste with mainstream and non-mainstream taste
- At least 5 years’ experience in synch licensing, music supervision and/ or bespoke music creation
- Ambitious, curious and creative
- Confident in your taste (quietly confident is fine!)
- Skill and confidence in how that music taste relates to different visual media, how music and picture work together and works to serve the picture
- Collaborative, a team player
- Large and varied knowledge and love of music
- Lover of wider culture outside of music
- Excellent contacts across synch licensing and the visual media industries in the UK and beyond
- Friendly and forthright
- Ideally knowledge of wider music publishing business both in the UK and globally including different income streams, registration and collection.
- Experience of working at a senior level alongside business collaborators – managers, artists, record labels, sub-publishers.
- Organised and attention to detail.
- Able to work under your own steam.
- Good negotiation skills and experience of synch licensing contracts and licensing process.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise effectively and to deadline whilst maintaining standards and accountability.
- Develop a synch/ A&R strategy to complement the signings to the company
- Research and procure new business opportunities
- Liaise with A&R team to advise on synch potential
- Liaising with writers, managers and sub-publishers re: new work – communicate with labels, managers, artists to get advance music, instrumentals etc
- Working with music supervisors and other music buyers
- Actively pitch music for synch licensing opportunities to secure licences and generate income
- Create great working relationships with the labels, managers, writers and promoters
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns and other promo activity
- Get involved in wider strategic business planning alongside MD and A&R team.
- Regular travel and attendance at events in the UK and beyond to further these aims.
What we can offer
- The chance to build a brand, new music publishing company alongside its founders and contribute to its direction in a meaningful way.
- A competitive starting salary based on experience with room for that to grow with the responsibility of the role.
- Candidates from around the UK are welcome to apply. The role will be flexible as far as working location but candidates will need to commit to regular travel to enable the team to meet up.
- Please send CV and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday June 19th. Your cover letter should 1) tell us why we should give you an interview and 2) list your 3 favourite soundtracks (film or TV) and why you love them and 3) tell us which 2 artists (in your dream scenario) you would sign to the company and why. We will only get back to candidates we wish to interview so thanks in advance for taking the time to apply. Interviews will take place towards the end of June. Good Luck!