300 Entertainment is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager / Assistant Controller (commensurate with experience) to join our cross-functional Operations Department.
The role will report to SVP Finance and CFO/COO, and be supported by Senior and Staff Accountants. The role will liaise heavily with Royalties, Business Affairs, and A&R Administration.
- Preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements. Ensure the accuracy of reported financial results
- Assist with all internal and external financial reporting and analysis for the management team, department heads, the Board of Directors, financial institutions and investors.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and assist with the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Help develop accounting processes, systems, and controls to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures
- Oversee period close and provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts; analyze and report cost variances
- Manage the team through annual audits working closely with the company’s external CPA firm and implement audit recommendations
- Oversee and assist with massive artist royalty accounting process, including reconciliation of artist statements to GL, and maintenance of offline artist payable schedules to support balance sheet liability
- Work on other special projects involving systems implementation and optimization, data integrity and correction, and process automation
- Oversee and assist with all foreign and domestic tax obligations
- BA/BS in Accounting or related
- Experience managing teams
- Big data and advanced excel skills required, database knowledge a plus
- Music/Entertainment industry / Royalty Accounting or Administration a plus
- Experience implementing and managing ERP and royalty systems a plus