Role – Head of Royalties
Full Time – Hybrid
Location – Central London
Salary – Competitive
235 Music Publishing is a young, dynamic, creatively bold, modern music publishing company with global ambition. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking person to join our growing team in the role of Head of Royalties.
About The Role
Reporting to the COO, you will handle all day-to-day royalty management and administration tasks including owning the outbound Royalty Distribution process to our clients. This is an exciting moment to join 235; as the company grows you will be growing this team and as head of the department, you will be responsible for its success!
- Receiving and processing third party royalty statements
- Handling quarterly accounting to our clients, ensuring all revenue streams are correctly allocated
- Tracking reporting and payments against expected timelines and forecasts
- Maintaining catalogue data to a high standard
- Evolving company processes as we expand
- Performing ad hoc royalty investigations and projects for internal stakeholders
- Supporting audits by investigating queries and delivering supporting analysis
- Work with our Copyright and Tracking teams to undertake catalogue audits and carry out internal income suspense reviews.
- Liaising with the wider 235 team on all royalty queries
- Attending and participating in team and department meetings
Skills and Experience
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy is a must have. A highly analytical individual with excellent organisational and communication skills is also essential. We are looking for someone who is self motivated with a positive, can do attitude who can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a relevant role
- Advanced knowledge of how the major PRO’s, DSPs and CMO’s work
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with music royalty software
- Excellent analytical skills – experience in handling large sets of data
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise/manage your workload
- The desire to develop yourself and build a team within a growing organisation
- Possess impeccable people and communication skills
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com