Pop, Alternative, Indie DSP Consultant
+1 Records is a modern record label that prides itself on being a true partner to our artists. We specialize in artist development with a track record of taking artists like Rejjie Snow, Anna of the North, Anna Shoemaker and more to the next level. Every team member has the opportunity to really make a difference in helping our artists achieve their goals. We have a carefully curated roster of great artists that is growing as we are in expansion mode. As our roster is growing, so is our team.
+1 Records is looking for a DSP consultant who specializes in pitching Pop, Alternative & Indie programmers at all DSPs (including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Pandora, etc). This role with +1 Records is a 1099 freelance consultant position. This position does not exclude candidates from working as a DSP consultant or employee for other artists or companies in addition to working with +1 Records.
As a member of the +1 Records family, you will be joining a small team of creatives that work hard and like to have fun. We have a laid-back vibe and a flexible work environment. We all do what we do because we love music and we’re passionate about helping artists achieve their creative vision. We care about our artists and team members as people first and we’re excited to be adding to our team!
The responsibilities of a DSP consultant include:
- Communicating and pitching upcoming pop, alternative and indie releases to programmers & curators at DSPs such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Pandora, TIDAL, Deezer, etc.
- Working 2 – 4 releases per month (primarily singles leading into an EP or Album).
- Locating, identifying, and presenting DSP programs or opportunities to our roster
- Having direct communication with DSP programmers as well as handling all DSP pitch tool submissions on Spotify for Artists, Apple Music for Artists, Amazon Music for Artists, and more.
- Providing feedback to the A&R and Marketing teams on how pitch conversations are going for releases and on strategy for upcoming singles/focus tracks in regards to playlisting at DSPs.
- Coordinating with A&R and Marketing teams at +1 Records and with our Distributor, who is the main contact for DSP label representatives.
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- Has great relationships with the major DSP editors and playlist curators in the genres of Pop, Alternative and Indie.
- Has the ability to make strong new relationships with DSP editors and curators, given the turnover in the current marketplace.
- Has the ability to present our roster to DSPs with passion, confidence and clear communication.
- A previous experience working in this role while at a label, distributor, management company or DSP.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Confident approach. Ability to hustle.
- Ability to work well in a small team environment and independently. Being a self-starter.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
Candidates may be based anywhere in the United States, with a preference for New York and Los Angeles.
Interested in applying?
Send your resume and a list of past DSP campaigns you have worked on in the past to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting your resume, let us know why you think you would be a good fit for +1 Records.
+1 Records understands the importance of a healthy work/life balance. Our team members can choose to work hours that make sense for their lives. This role does not have a set work schedule or in-office work requirements and is ideally suited for someone who wants flexibility. A DSP consultant will be expected to attend one virtual weekly team meeting each Monday.
At +1 Records, we value teamwork, trust, respect, clear communication, and a shared sense of purpose. Most importantly, we value the voice and unique identities of everyone we work with, internally and externally. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment where everyone feels seen, heard, and welcome. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.