+1 Records is a modern record label that prides itself on being a true partner to our artists. We specialize in artist development with a track record of taking artists like Rejjie Snow, Anna of the North, Coast Modern, Lo Village and more to the next level. Every team member has the opportunity to really make a difference in helping our artists achieve their goals. We have a carefully curated roster of great artists that is growing as we are in expansion mode. As our roster is growing, so is our team.
+1 Records is looking for a new Marketing Director!
As a member of the +1 Records family, you will be joining a small team of creatives that work hard and like to have fun. We have a laid-back vibe and a flexible work environment. We all do what we do because we love music and we’re passionate about helping artists achieve their creative vision.
At +1 Records, there are opportunities for growth, promotion potential, and autonomy to work in the way that works best for you. We care about our artists and employees as people first and we’re excited to be adding to our team!
As our Marketing Director you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all marketing campaigns
- Ideating, building, and executing creative marketing campaigns for each artist and their releases
- Growing each artist’s audience through DSPs, social media, gaming, and influencer marketing campaigns
- Overseeing content creation for each artist/release
- Overseeing brand, DSP, and platform partnerships
- Working with artist teams, A&R, Project Manager, and label partners on all aspects of marketing, creative and promotion for each artist and releases
- Supervising team member(s)
- Additional responsibilities, as needed
We’d like our next Marketing Director to have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Marketing at a record label or related business
- Strong marketing strategy and development skills; willingness to constantly explore new platforms, technologies, and opportunities
- Experience creating or managing a marketing budget (highly preferred)
- Supervisory experience (preferred)
- Sense of urgency and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with many different departments and personalities
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) and Google Workspace.
Candidates must be based in NYC or Los Angeles or willing to relocate to either location.
To apply for this position, send your resume to [email protected]
+1 Records cares about the safety and wellbeing of our employees. Currently, all employees are working remotely. The decision to reopen our offices will be based on CDC and local government guidelines and recommendations. Once we have reopened our offices, we will continue to offer a flexible working environment, with employees choosing the balance of virtual and in-office work that is comfortable for them. All employees will be expected to work in the office at least one day per week when our offices reopen.
We understand the importance of a healthy work/life balance. Our employees can choose to work hours that make sense for their lives, as long as they maintain full-time hours and are available for scheduled meetings during our core business hours (Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.).
At +1, we value teamwork, trust, respect, clear communication, and a shared sense of purpose. Most importantly, we value the voice and unique identities of everyone we work with, internally and externally. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment where everyone feels seen, heard, and welcome. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.