Apple‘s iTunes has named Florence & The Machine as its ‘Artist Of the Year’ in 2015, with Tame Impala’s Currents awarded the ‘Album Of the Year’.
Meanwhile, Spotify was the third biggest-grossing app on the iPhone, behind Clash Of Clans and Candy Crush Saga.
The annual online awards name the best and best-selling items across iTunes in all categories…
Best Of 2015 Music
25 by Adele is the number one selling album on iTunes for 2015, despite only being released three weeks ago, and Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars’s Uptown Funk is the number one selling song.
Editorial Picks: Florence + The Machine is iTunes & Apple Music Artist of the Year, while “Currents” by Tame Impala (pictured) is iTunes & Apple Music Album of the Year.
King by Years & Years has been chosen as Song of the Year and Wolf Alice has been named Best New Artist / Band.
Florence Welch (Best Artist) said: “Thank you so much for this….. It’s such an honour to have been named artist of the year… iTunes showed such a huge amount of support for how big how blue how beautiful and as it was such a personal record I am incredibly touched…xxx”
Wolf Alice (New Artist / Band) said: “This has been a truly brilliant year for Wolf Alice, thanks iTunes for making us your new artist of the year, love Ellie, Joel, Joff and Theo xx”
Years & Years (Single of the Year + Pop) said: “Thanks iTunes for all your support this year and thanks so much for choosing us to represent the best pop album of 2015 we love pop and we love you x”
Best Of 2015 Films, TV and Books
Kingsman: The Secret Service was iTunes’ best-selling film of 2015 and Game of Thrones the best-selling TV show. Grey by EL James was the best selling fiction title of the year with American Sniper the year’s best selling non-fiction book.
Editorial Picks: Inside Out is this year’s Best Family Film, Ex-Machina was picked as Best British Film. Game of Thrones is the year’s Best TV Show with Wolf Hall Best British TV Show. Best fiction title is Hanya Hanagihara’s A Little Life and Matt Haig’s Reasons to Stay Alive the Best non-fiction.
Best Of 2015 Apps & Games
Heads Up!, made famous by Eleen DeGeneres, is the number one selling iPhone App of 2015 (Paid). Minecraft: Pocket Edition is the top selling iPad App for the second year running (Paid).
WhatsApp Messenger is the number one free iPhone App of the year and breakout indie smash hit Crossy Road is the number one free iPad App of 2015.
Top grossing honours go to Supercell’s Clash of Clans on iPhone and iPad.
Editorial Picks: Enlight is iPhone App of the Year and Lara Croft GO is named iPhone Game of the Year. Airbnb is iPad App of the Year and Prune is iPad App of the Year.
iTunes Editorial Picks:
- Best Artist: Florence + The Machine
- Best Album: Currents – Tame Impala
- Best Song: King – Years & Years
- Best New Artist: Wolf Alice
Best selling songs:
- Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars) – Mark Ronson
- Cheerleader – Omi
- Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
- See You Again (feat. Charlie Puth) – Wiz Khalifa
- Take Me To Church – Hozier
- Hello – Adele
- FourFiveSeconds – Rihanna, Kanye West & Paul McCartney
- King – Years & Years
- Hold Back the River – James Bay
- Hold My Hand – Jess Glynne
Best selling albums:
- 25 – Adele
- Now That’s What I Call Music! 90 – Various Artists
- x – Ed Sheeran
- 1989 – Taylor Swift
- In the Lonely Hour – Sam Smith
- Now That’s What I Call Music! 91 – Various Artists
- Chaos and the Calm – James Bay
- Hozier – Hozier
- Fifty Shades of Grey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – Various Artists
- Wanted On Voyage – George Ezra
iPhone Apps (Free):
- WhatsApp Messenger
- Crossy Road – Endless Arcade Hopper
- Candy Crush Soda Saga
- Spotify Music
iPhone Apps (Top Grossing):
- Clash of Clans
- Candy Crush Saga
- Spotify Music
- Candy Crush Soda Saga
- Game of War – Fire Age
- Boom Beach
- Farm Heroes Saga
- Kim Kardashian: Hollywood
- Match.com – Download our dating app for free and meet singles
- MARVEL Contest of Champions
Music Business Worldwide