Almost 100 European acts have been selected to be part of the talent exchange programme of the Innovation Network of European Showcases (INES).
INES is a European cooperation project established by eight international showcase festivals and gigmit – the European platform for artist discovery and booking.
INES was given more than €2m this year from the European Union’s Creative Europe programme, to aid it in its mission to support the international careers of music professionals and artists by getting them involved with music business events all over Europe.
All project partners - Liverpool Sound City (UK), Waves Vienna (Austria), Sonicvisions (Luxembourg), Live at Heart (Sweden), Spring Break (Poland), Monkey Week (Spain), Westway LAB (Portugal), MENT Ljubljana (Slovenia) and gigmit (Germany) - have set themselves the goal of continuing to grow and establish a strong network to connect between showcase festivals throughout Europe.
The INES#talent exchange programme sees all nine partners nominate acts for their home country, which will then go on to be booked by all participating showcase festivals during the next year.
- Austria: Cari Cari, 5K HD, Mother’s Cake, Wandl, Lea Santee, Soia, Lukas Lauermann, MOLLY, Mynth, TENTS, Ankathie Koi, Hearts Hearts, Gospel Dating Service, At Pavillon, NIHILS
- Germany: RIKAS, LEONIDEN, WOMAN, Federico Albanese, HYMMJ, CAPITANO, Henry And The Waiter, JOEY VOODOO, Bergfilm, Moglebaum, JOSIN
- Luxembourg: ROME, Napoleon Gold, L.I.L. STAR, Sun Glitters, Bartleby Delicate, Seed to Tree, EDSUN, Dorian & Louvar, Monophona, TUYS, Mutiny on the Bounty
- Poland: Eric Shoves Them In His Pockets, Niemoc, Buslav, Terrific Sunday, Lion Shepherd, Bastard Disco, Decadent Fun Club, Hatti Vatti, Małgola, Young Stadium Club, Deer Daniel, Michał Kmieciak, WASIO
- Portugal: Quest, III, Moonshiners, We Bless This Mess, Serushiô, Dear Telephone, LINCE, Noiserv, Sensible Soccers, You Can’t Win, Charlie Brown
- Slovenia: Koala Voice, FUTURSKI, Bowrain, Matter, It’s everyone else, FFX, Darla Smoking, Kukushai, Haiku Garden
- Spain: NIÑA COYOTE ETA CHICO TORNADO, Esteban & Manuel, Escorpio, ZULU ZULU, Antropoloops, Bronquio, Le Parody, All La Glory, Quentin Gas & Los Zíngaros, Bala, Fasenuova
- Sweden: Lighthouse Sweden, Jetbone, The Hawkins, The Magnettes, Meadows, more tba
- UK: FALSE HEADS, False Advertising, TIGRESS, pink kink, XamVolo, HAARM, Nick Ellis, BLOXX, Catholic Action, The Blinders, Queen Zee & The Sasstones
The Innovation Network of European Showcases also has an INES#pro programme, which aims to support European music professionals by offering over 400 free accreditation passes for all INES showcase festivals and conferences around Europe.
Registration for Liverpool Sound City, Westway LAB and MENT Ljublijana are now available online.Music Business Worldwide