Believe Digital has fully acquired a key rival – digital music distribution and publishing administration company Tunecore.
The fee for the buyout has not been disclosed.
Believe intends to allow both companies to retain their own unique operations and staffing, but a new corporate entity has been formed: Tunecore & Believe Digital Services.
Tunecore claims to have earned Independent Artists over US $504 million since being founded in 2005.
France-born Believe Digital is a global digital distribution and services provider for artists and labels, with offices in 29 countries and a staff of over 250 music industry and digital marketing experts.
As a result of the buyout, TuneCore artists will be given the opportunity to tap into Believe Digital’s global services, which Believe says will ‘provide a truly modern, DIY record label experience with ground support across the globe’.
“There is a tremendous opportunity for Tunecore & Believe to champion independent artists.”
Denis Ladegaillerie, Believe
These artists will also have access to a wider digital distribution network, with more tools and services, says Believe.
“TuneCore’s number one objective is to empower independent artists to succeed,” said Scott Ackerman, TuneCore CEO.
“This new strategic relationship provides the most powerful solution for independent artists worldwide to reach fans, sell music, increase revenue and advance their career.
“We’re excited to deliver this new layer of opportunity while continuing to give artists the full control to decide their individual paths to success.”
“The success of TuneCore, its deep commitment to independent artists, and the natural synergy between our services for artists, make this partnership a powerful force to propel artists’ growth,” said Denis Ladegaillerie, Believe Digital Founder and President.
“There is a tremendous opportunity for TuneCore & Believe to champion independent artists and their entrepreneurship, and together our focus will be to provide the best comprehensive services to a wider range of musicians around the world.”
TuneCore & Believe Digital Services has highlighted its key selling points as:
- TuneCore and Believe Digital worldwide distribution with promotional opportunities across iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and other key digital partners.
- TuneCore worldwide revenue collection. Artists keep 100% of sales revenue and rights.
- TuneCore worldwide royalty collection with Music Publishing Administration. TuneCore will continue to register, license and pitch content in over 60 countries.
- TuneCore & Believe global support with offices in key markets worldwide.
- Believe Digital’s experienced team of music industry specialists, including label mangers, digital marketing experts and video channel managers will continue to provide top quality label services to meet artists’ needs.
- Artist services and products to meet the needs of musician-entrepreneurs.
- Detailed reporting and knowledgeable customer service to help you manage and grow your business.
Music Business Worldwide