7digital has integrated with Google Cast on its platform, while adding Google Cast support to its Android App.
7digital consumers are now able to ‘cast’ their favourite music from the 7digital Android app to any Google Cast-enabled speaker, or to any Chromecast-connected TV or streaming device.
Interestingly, 7digital is the first provider to offer hi-res FLAC playback with Google Cast.
7digital’s apps for Android and iOS – as well as the web store – all allow users to access 7digital’s entire catalogue of almost 40 million tracks, with millions of 16-bit FLACs (44.1kHz, CD-quality) and hundreds of thousands of 24-bit FLACs (up to 192kHz, studio quality).The improved functionality, including Google Cast, will also be available to 7digital’s B2B customers.
7digital now have 1 million active monthly users on 7digital branded mobile apps.
“This upgrade to include Cast to our platform as well as enhancements on the Music Store app for Android marks a significant update”, commented Simon Cole, CEO of 7digital.
“It leads the way in providing users with both high quality audio and a truly modern music-listening experience. Our diverse partners will also benefit from improvements made across Android, iOS and web platforms, as 7digital enables new features and functionality for the services we power around the world”.
Meanwhile, 7digitalhas made other upgrades to it Music Store app for Android, which now allows users to:
- Choose from almost 40 million tracks to purchase and download or stream instantly
- Select from millions of tracks in hi-res FLAC format
- ‘Cast’ music from an Android device to Google Cast-enabled speakers, or to any Chromecast-connected TV or streaming device
- Listen to 30-second previews of all songs
- Enjoy reviews by the 7digital team
- Browse top album and track charts, new releases, recommendations and genres
- Use a fair and legal music service available worldwide, with localised features in over 20 major markets
- Stream or download 7digital music to their device
- Utilise the app’s integrated music player to listen to non-7digital music already stored on the device
- Stream music on the road to an Android Auto in-car infotainment system
- Scrobble listening history to Last.fm
Music Business Worldwide