Kobalt is looking to hire a motivated and self-driven Learning and Development Manager in New York, responsible for building and managing key learning and development programs for Kobalt on a global basis.
In this role, you will roll out programs and develop material for a variety of training topics as needed with an ongoing goal of continually enhancing the success of our employees.
You’ll have excellent organisational and time management skills, and a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude to getting the job done.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Create and implement training programs such as new hire training and onboarding, leadership development, peer to peer and skills based programs.
- Coordinate all programs including scheduling, venue prep, sourcing content or 3rd party training provider, tracking of participation and reporting on the impact / success of learning programs.
- Partner with leadership to develop and execute learning & development framework to align with business and culture objectives through organization and departments
- Design in-house solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 sessions, action learning & e-learning
- Deliver key training sessions
- Assist People & Culture leadership in continually building bench-strength of leadership team.
- Determine needs through talent assessment, succession planning and individual development plans
- Partner to design and implement leadership and high-potential development strategies
- Develop solutions for increasing managerial and leadership effectiveness
- Implement 360 feedback process
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5-7 years of experience in HR/ Learning & Development / Organizational Development
- Experience in a high growth, tech or start up environment required
- Experience supporting a wide variety of disciplines – Balance of experience supporting a business with technical practical skills training as well as personal development
- Able to create a framework for assessing, measuring and tracking L&D program success
- International experience and/or managing programs across multiple office locations
- Network of external contacts to conduct training
- Well versed in industry trends and developments in L&D practice and tools
- IT literate with strong Powerpoint or other presentation tools
- An influencer
- Deadlines driven – able to plan, organize, facilitate
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including amazing presenting skills