Joining a growing Synchronisation team in London, reporting to the SVP, Global Creative Synchronisation the Creative Synchronisation Manager will be responsible for creative pitching and clearance of rights for the Kobalt Music Publishing and Kobalt Music Recordings catalogue.
The successful candidate will be a target driven, proactive team member to further develop client relations across various media including advertising and other media to be determined.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story!
Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
- Creative pitching of the Kobalt Music Publishing and Kobalt Music Recordings catalogue across various media including UK advertising and other media / territories to be determined.
- Facilitate, negotiate and close all synchronisation requests
- Create, develop and maintain relationships with varying levels of executives at ad agencies, brands, music supervisors, production companies, directors, editors etc.
- Proactively reach out to contacts for their creative music needs to further build the Kobalt profile and increase revenue
- Create strategic proposals that will tie in with upcoming artist releases/marketing campaigns
- Maintain good relationships with Kobalt clients, including but not limited writers and artists as well as their representatives
- Attend Kobalt client events/shows as necessary and bring key contacts from all media areas to these events/shows
- Attend industry events and/or organise artist showcases as necessary
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Mid-Level to Senior level experience working creatively in the synchronisation business with well-developed relationships within the industry
- Proven sales record and ability to close deals
- Proven ability to work on creative music searches and place songs
- In depth knowledge of music licensing and industry terminology used to negotiate the material deal points of a brand and synchronisation license as well as
- Copyright knowledge as it relates to the music industry (on both the master and publishing side)
- Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Punctual and available to work extra hours as needed
- Strong proficiency in computer software applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, iTunes, QuickTime Pro, Emailing marketing tools etc.
Music Business Worldwide