IDOL is a fully independent digital distributor founded in 2006 with offices in Paris, London and New York. Following a unique selective approach, IDOL offers a high level of marketing resources and personalised attention to label partners. This includes focused expertise on streaming and playlist revenue optimisation, YouTube channel management and community management coaching.
IDOL also provides cutting edge technology with a highly effective back-office data reporting system. Additionally, among its recent developments, IDOL now offers international physical distribution through a network of trusted partners.
IDOL currently works with labels/artists such as Bromance, Glitterbeat, Infine, Jalapeno, La Femme, Local Action, No Format!, Numbers, Radio Nova, Record Makers, Syllart- to name a few. See more through here.
In parallel, IDOL also operates as a technology provider for 3rd party record labels and digital distributors, such as Because Music, Ditto Music, Kompakt and Wagram Music.
IDOL is seeking a new General Manager to look after its UK operations that recently reached a new milestone with the signing of a partnership with a key independent actor of the market.
Reporting directly to the Paris-based Head of International, the candidate will manage a label manager and gradually develop the UK team according to the activity growth.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual with an extensive knowledge of the independent music industry. The candidate should also have substantial experience and network, in order identify and develop new business and the opportunities within it.
- Manage and structure the UK Office: manage the UK staff
- Develop revenues from UK-based labels: seek out and sign new UK-based labels in line with IDOL selective policy
- Supervise the UK label management and trade marketing activities
- Support the activities of the company globally by providing local knowledge and contacts to the central business development team
- Work in close relationship with the Head of International and the US office
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Substantial experience in sales and distribution and/or key account management in the independent music industry sector, with at least 5 years in a digital music business environment (distribution, retail, label manager, digital sales services etc)
- Extensive knowledge of the UK music market and especially independent sector
- Excellent working network with UK independent labels and management companies
- Office and staff management experience
- Proven business development track record
- Confident and assertive relationship builder
- Entrepreneurial, results driven
- Excellent communication skills
- A Passionate self-starter able to work without direct supervision
- Curious & research led
- Strategic thinker
- Extremely well organized
- Passion for independent music
Education: Bachelor & higher OR relevant substantial work experience.
- Type: Permanent contract
- Beginning asap
- Salary: DOE
- Location: London
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date : 6 January 2017Music Business Worldwide